1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interesting behavior

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nevetS, Jan 24, 2005.

Didn't know which forum to stick this in... so I'll put it in chat.

The link in my sig is to www.ovenbuns.com - it's a b&m ultrasound studio that is now closed. I kept it up originally to help out a competitor I liked with referrals and because there are a lot of customer scan images that are up there that need to stay up because I agreed to at least a year of web hosting for my customers. It's also good because a lot of competitors don't have a lot of info on their sites and while I don't exactly have an encyclopedia, there is a lot more info than most of the other imaging centers have online. The adsense ads are great because people can immediately find other imaging centers, and it pays for the bandwidth/hosting expenses to keep it online.

Anyhow, my page stats when I was open were pretty solid in that my visitors would visit 3-5 times and view between 1 and 3 pages. Now that I am closed, my visitors are visiting 1-2 times, but they are actually visiting 15 pages per visit.

I wonder if the page views are a natural progression over time, or if it is a result of my being closed that they are actually looking through to see what we were like when we were open to compare.

nevetS, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen that kind of behaviour as well when I closed my ecommerce operation several years ago when I ran out of inventory (can't just call a wharehouse and order antique traffic signals and parking meters). But after I closed the store, I left it online until I could figure out what I wanted to do next. The traffic showed the same patterns and I think it's because of peoples curiosity. Glad to hear you're making some money off the adwords. That certainly helps.

mopacfan, Jan 24, 2005 IP