1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

internet consulting?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mezner, Mar 18, 2011.

Is it a good business to get into? I've been a lot of work online throughout the years. Most of it has gone offline, as well as tons of sites I just never launched. I feel like I have beyond more knowledge of the internet building process than post people and I really want to try and use my skills in a different way. By different, I don't want to be the standard web developer or designer. I also want to help integrate social networking, marketing, e-commerce design and creativity to the online world.

I mainly want to aim at working on pre-established sites. Sites that may need a face lift or want ideas on making themselves more mainstream with today's digital world. Does such a service exist and is there enough work out there for me to enter? I know I could start working for very cheap in order to get some established work, but would there be big clients down the road? What other ways could I use my skills? My skills include...

- HTML/CSS
    - JQuery (mostly just integration and customization of pre-made apps)
    - Graphic Design (I actually started to go to school for it)
    - Marketing (mostly offline, but I've been working with online strategies such as using social networking, keywords, Youtube, etc)
    - Not sure how much of a 'skill' it is, but I've also been wanting to get into making sites more mobile. User usability is a must in today's market.

I will update the list if I can. I just know a very wide range of information and want to use all of it to help improve websites. Whatever you need help with, I can help. If there happens to be something I can't do, I probably know someone who can help.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    mezner, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  2. InfantryVet

InfantryVet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is an incredibly good business to get into. There are lots of businesses in the offline world who don't have a clue how to market online.

The biggest thing to remember when dealing with offline clients is that they want to see REAL results. When I say results, I mean new leads or customers.

When I started offline consulting, the main service I offered was SEO. Why SEO? Well, first of all, when you can get an electrician who services Chicago to the top of the search engines for keywords like: Chicago Electrician, Electrician in Chicago, or Best Chicago Electrician, this client is going to be stoked about seeing their website in the number 1 position. Second of all, if your client holds the top position for major local keywords in its market, there is a pretty good chance that their website will generate new leads or customers for their business - REAL results.

Also, included with my SEO Services, I offer Google Places services. I think the two go hand-in-hand now. Since Google Places listings pretty much dominate most of the local search terms, its important to offer this service for your offline clients too.

As far as providing services like social media, video marketing, and mobile stuff, I use these types of services as upsells. Think: SEO work + Social Media Marketing

InfantryVet, Mar 19, 2011 IP