1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet forums are dead now, aint it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gyahoo, Jun 29, 2018.

1. ross9

ross9 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, forums are still demanded, but the quantity of good forums is definitely not big.

ross9, Nov 28, 2023 IP
    Johnny Mnemonic likes this.
  2. rmabjish

rmabjish Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many good forums still around. They're called Membership sites and you have to pay to access the forum.

rmabjish, Dec 4, 2023 IP
  3. shellyboy911

shellyboy911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes a lot of forums are dead or dying a slow and painful death.
    The most notable one is warriorforum.com, once the king of internet marketing forums, now basically a ghost town.
    Some are still quite popular but not thriving such as this forum DP.

shellyboy911, Dec 6, 2023 IP
  4. emmaback

emmaback Member

Best Answers:
    You're absolutely right

emmaback, Dec 10, 2023 IP
  5. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really all comes down to whether there's a big enough interest in whatever forums may be covering. But when people say to use Discord, I don't get it. Nothing gets indexed properly, unlike on a forum.

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 15, 2023 IP
  6. Madting86

Madting86 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    AGREED

Madting86, Dec 17, 2023 IP
  7. spacesketchi

spacesketchi Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe because on my side of the world people need more money (Third World) I feel like this forum is too dead compared to a Spanish (language) marketing forum. In any case, it doesn't have many users, but considering that the forums were not so popular in Latin America, there are a lot of people in these forums.

I also don't understand the insistence on maintaining old and complicated interfaces. That's why I think Reddit is one of the most active forums because they have a more intuitive and modern interface.

spacesketchi, Dec 20, 2023 IP
  8. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    Most of the ones I use like horror.com are dead, so I will not be using the inactive ones from now on. But I am giving up all forums soon in any case.

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 28, 2023 IP
  9. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forums aren’t dying, they’re still surviving. They’ve been around for many years and will continue to with stand the test of times. I see this question on various forums across the internet and obviously social media has put a dent in forum’s traffic & activity but who cares, forums are still pivoting.

just look at Reddit. Its booming and it’s just another forum!

ForgottenCreature, Apr 22, 2024 IP
    Johnny Mnemonic and jrbiz like this.
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well yea forums decreased a lot over years but i they are not dead in fact they are also very popular forums with a lot of traffic still ,it also depends on the niche etc .You can also get a lot of traffic throught right forum if you come with the right value

Spartan14, Apr 22, 2024 IP
  11. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    You say forums aren't dying, yet I noticed that 90% of those I post on only have like one or two members still posting on them, including myself.

Most of the time, there are no moderators logging in either, so trolls could easily start spamming them up.

Johnny Mnemonic, Apr 23, 2024 IP
  12. Silver Crocodile

Silver Crocodile Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many forums are still around and thriving, but overall I agree, seems like they've been in decline, which is kind of sad.

Silver Crocodile, Apr 23, 2024 IP
  13. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    Well, I usually only talk about survival horror games on several shitty forums, but the activity has just sank more and more over the past several years, to where it just made me call it quits after giving it some thought. Some of the users can be a bit cranky as well, especially if they believe one is speaking ill of certain games. But I really don't care much for the survival horror sub-genre anymore.

It's actually kind of pointless to post anywhere at all these days, as the replies are just rather generic in nature and of little quality, making the threads feel kind of mundane. I've also been getting harassed online by this bizarre Aussie for several years in a trot, so I have to promote stuff a lot less now.

I actually have no money at the moment, so I cannot pay for any mobile data. Because I normally buy unlimited data, as you can turn a phone into a hotspot. However, I just use public Wi-Fi most of the time now to wane off the urge to keep posting. You have to be in the building that has it or at least stand or sit pretty close to the entrance or the signal will diminish.

The free Wi-Fi at my local hospital for example is fucking dog shit at the main entrance, but decent enough inside. If any sites are blocked, I can use a VPN to view them. The free ones aren't all that reliable though, unfortunately.

I doubt I will be posting on gaming forums any more, just because the activity just isn't up to scratch. The only active site regarding games talk is arguably one called GameFAQs, but too many knobs just lark around on that forum. Or they accuse users of having registered under different pseudonyms to evade a ban or submit similar rants. Topics just descend into utter nonsense, so it's gonna be a sheer waste of your time to stick around.

Johnny Mnemonic, Apr 24, 2024 IP
    JackieJim likes this.
  14. JackieJim

JackieJim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Humanity is constantly seeking new ways to earn money and enhance services. This pursuit can produce positive outcomes as well as negative consequences, such as the decline in popularity of forums like this one.
    What every individual seeking quality information requires is a platform that is easy to navigate and provides relevant information without unnecessary clutter. This approach ensures that users can find answers to their essential questions efficiently.

JackieJim, May 5, 2024 IP
  15. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    On other forums I've been on to do with mental health or anxiety related issues, they seem to get funny if you talk about being scammed or mistreated by sex workers. I mean, I know it can be a sensitive topic to touch on in general, but it's always the same snowflakes each time who report the threads, because they think you're a woman hater. But maybe if the women in question stopped being con artists, egotists and so on and so forth, I wouldn't see their kind as red flags.

Johnny Mnemonic, May 7, 2024 IP
    JackieJim likes this.
  16. itsallaboutseotraffic

itsallaboutseotraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is wild. Everyone is hanging about on Twitter, Facebook and IG.

itsallaboutseotraffic, May 10, 2024 IP
  17. zapragartiast

zapragartiast Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some forums with specific topics are still alive and actively used for focused discussions. It's important to note that dead forums are those that cover topics too broadly in a general sense and hardly navigate to a specific topic.

zapragartiast, May 12, 2024 IP
  18. hangglidingrat

hangglidingrat Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it does feel like the golden days of forums have simmered down a bit. These days, social media platforms and quick chat apps have kind of taken over the scene. But I think forums still have their charm, especially for deep dives into specific topics or where a tight-knit community vibe is key. They're not gone for good, just more like hidden gems now!

hangglidingrat, May 29, 2024 IP
    Johnny Mnemonic and sarahk like this.