1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet - The saturated marketplace?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Tobidotman, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Incorrect.

You can take an existing, and make it better. Hence Google. Improved on Lycos, Yahoo, and other search engines.

While thousands of other examples, the main point is that if you are taking a spin on some other site or concept. You improve on it. Not just carbon copy the thing, and think you are going to make the same green.

Barefootsies, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  2. v.t0xic

v.t0xic Peon

Best Answers:
    The behavior you're describing (scamming) has been going on long before the internet. The only difference is that instead of selling their ideas on late-night infomercials, the scammers are selling through the most current and profitable medium, the internet.

There is no cure. This is merely the same opportunistic behavior that has existed since the dawn of free-market economies. That being said, there is a tremendous amount of good, free content to be found on the internet. Honestly, I didn't seem to run into that many huckster and scam websites until I got into the business of webmastering and learning to monetize websites.

v.t0xic, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  3. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not all people have the same morals.

Welcome to the real world, where people don't always agree. :D

joebert, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  4. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    first think what internet is

internet is a media. like any other media tv newspaper..

2nd what is there in internet text image video sound (in short information)

now what business is there on internet

nothing but producing content rich websites and bringing visitors to it.. make some advertising dollars or some commission on sale if any

some websites like gambling hyip betting etc are there where people deposit and withdraw money..
    some banks are there which are fully online

and thats it.. some ppl provide services like submitting to directories or web design etc some sale traffic or brokers of traffic.. some spends money on internet advertising and try to procure business for online or offline venture..

thats it..

just depending on internet one cannot survive or sustain for long.. he she must have real goods or services for sale in real life.. and analyze the demand and supply correctly.. yes he she can use internet for getting information for his business or advertising and growing his business..

just selling virtual stuff will take you no where..

its not a future..

surf4fun, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  5. Tobidotman

Tobidotman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you hit the nail right on the head there!

Tobidotman, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  6. shanker2020

shanker2020 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think more people are using internet day by day

shanker2020, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  7. KarlMiller

KarlMiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Internet is similar to the Wild West. Unfortunately like the west
    Was in it’s early days, it’s untamed and full of fur traders, snake oil salesman
    And honest merchants. It’s distinguishing one from the other that’s difficult..

KarlMiller, May 1, 2008 IP
  8. che1959

che1959 Peon

Best Answers:
    Internet marketing is kind of like telemarketing was in the late 80's and early 90's. Lots of cowboy firms, lots of scams, and lots of good ideas.

che1959, May 1, 2008 IP
  9. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Same here dude, we are just being exposed to it more. By visiting websites like this.
    For example 3 post above my there is guy Karlmiller who has one those ebook sites in sig selling a false hope.

Dollar, May 1, 2008 IP
  10. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    The fact of the matter is you are going to have some scammers in any kind of business. What makes the internet different that others is the bar is set so low.

Every punk a@@ kid with some free time, and no money can get into making websites, or countless other nickel and dime things you see in the buy and sell section.

When you have an enterprise where people with no money can easily get into it, combined with no face to face contact, where you can hide behind a monikor/username, and a computer screen.... you are going to have issues. Much like we see today.

What really needs to happen to correct the problem is to raise the bar for entry. If you can eliminate the jokers with no money, or those who do not operate like a business, or there is some sort of accountability or cost to enter the market place (like any brick and mortar business in the RW). You can then start cracking down on it.

Until then, it remains the wild west. As more people get online, the worse it gets.

2 cents

Barefootsies, May 1, 2008 IP
  11. RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I am making lots of money through large unsaturated markets. There are plenty of sites out there that have not been tapped out there. Patience and research along with trial and error are the keys to sucess :)

RenaissanceMan, May 1, 2008 IP
  12. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    unfortunately i think this is the right answer

newzone, May 1, 2008 IP
  13. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure why your're mad! There are MANY MILLIONS and MILLION of great sites with incredily helpful content online. Do some use the Internet for marketing? Of course. Marketing by definition plays on emotions at times to make a sale. So does going to a used car lot to buy a car or watch a television commercial. What is it to "market normally?" And yes I'm sure you get spam but it's not like there aren't telemarketers or junk mail lists. The Internet is a reflection of real life and offers limitless access to information.

I guess I just don't understand your post. Yes, there's marketing online, of course. But you can also get a spam filter... I'm not sure what you're expecting...

nonyf, May 6, 2008 IP
  14. Tobidotman

Tobidotman Peon

Best Answers:
    You right, there's no bar of entry and this can bee seen as a good or bad thing, I think its kinda good cos everybody can get involved no matter what background or age, as long as you have the skills and do the job you get paid right...
    and then you have the scammers....
    with 1 of my recent clients he wanted to have the 'Internet Marketing Guru' status and had no proof whatsoever that he had even had much experience with marketing online but he was paying top dollar so how could i refuse?
    I'm kinda contradicting myself aren't I?

Tobidotman, May 7, 2008 IP
  15. Tetradomain

Tetradomain Peon

Best Answers:
    When you're long enough "online," you develop some instincts to recognize many of those scams or hollow sites.

Tetradomain, May 7, 2008 IP
  16. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the OP. Nothing to do about it though. Morals are not something most marketers care much about; must make money, and that's it. However that is not new ofcourse; people have lied, stolen, killed, tortured, robbed for small amounts of money; this just a new way. And actually friendlier as you don't get physically hurt.

Most people don't have real goals, but they think money is their goal. That attitude makes them dangerous. If you have goal and purpose; just forget about this and move away; they will learn but they are just backward; you cannot cure that.

Kwaku, May 7, 2008 IP
  17. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    You just have to ignore the success peddlers and the cretins who are morally inept and follow your own road. Real passion shines through eventually.

webgal, May 7, 2008 IP
  18. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    1. The negatives outweigh the positives. I have yet to see a positive of, "everyone can get involved". I think it just brings out more scammers, and kids with no business ethics.

2. Yes.

Barefootsies, May 7, 2008 IP
  19. Crea8ve Writer

Crea8ve Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice thoughts and a bitter fact, but I think there are still some websites that are working very good and helping others. We should not forget them. Doing business online is right, but providing fake information or offering fake offers just to get attention is really a problem.

Crea8ve Writer, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  20. MAT!

MAT! Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it all depends on how you conduct yourself and what part of the neighborhood you spend your time in. Crap is easier to reproduce so you see more of it. But there are still plenty of good genuine stuff out there.

Email providers are getting better at weeding through spam if you use their tools. I use multiple email addresses, one for personal, one for professional, and others for accounts, offers, etc. This does a pretty good job of keeping me free from clutter and spam.

MAT!, Jul 31, 2012 IP