1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Inventory software advice for business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by adam.tom, May 10, 2012.

Currently I'm using Excel to record all my inventories which I think is not efficient for my business and I think it's time to make some changes to improve my business operation efficiency. I'm looking for an inventory software which can easily track the items and its locations, I want something simple and compatible with the barcode. Anyone can recommend some to me? Thanks.

adam.tom, May 10, 2012 IP
  2. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Search for MRP (manufacturing resource planning or materials requirements planning) software - excellent for professional businesses even if you don't make anything.
    You are unlikely to find anything free and will need to look for a package that suits the size of your business = #employees / licenses etc

Expect to pay $1000 a seat for anything bug free and worthwhile

seafrontsteve, May 10, 2012 IP
  3. vik12

vik12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Adam,

I've tried using various inventory software and it seems like Inflow Inventory system actually helped me. You may want to take a look and try that out =) It's free for personal usage, and of course there's a paid version as well. Do check it out, hope this helps! =)

vik12, May 10, 2012 IP
  4. welgood

welgood Active Member

Best Answers:
    welgood, May 10, 2012 IP
  5. SeattleCPA

SeattleCPA Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't need to track the location of items, you can use QuickBooks easily enough... that's a few hundred bucks.

If you need to track not only typical item stuff (counts, cost, etc), you can use the Enterprise Solutions version of QuickBooks... it'll let you monitor your stocking by location.

SeattleCPA, May 10, 2012 IP
  6. tony_73

tony_73 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi . .I been using the eStockCard for quite sometimes already. Previously, I'm also using excel to monitor my inventory but it getting tedious and tedious once the day pass by. Really have problem checking the previous stock information.

But after I use the eStockCard, it really helps a lot and cut the searching time on my old inventory record more than 80%. Really didn't except this. Their location bins also help a lot for me. You could try it. Try google the name estockcard to get their website.

Cheers mate ! ! !

tony_73, May 10, 2012 IP
  7. kimberlymitchell87

kimberlymitchell87 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depending on your industry, I would suggest QuickBooks by Intuit.

see if they have a free trial period for QuickBooks.

Our $1m a year business uses it with minimal problems.

kimberlymitchell87, May 10, 2012 IP
  8. adam.tom

adam.tom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone! Thanks for the reply. I Google some of the inventory software that recommended here, inFlow looks good but they don't have the location settings and serialize tracking. For QuickBooks, I will go through again with the features, will try to explore more. Another one I have checked out is eStockCard inventory system mentioned by tony, this one looks great, I saw they have the location and serial number tracking, price is reasonable too. Anyway, I will download few to try first and get back to you guys again after testing. Thanks :).

adam.tom, May 11, 2012 IP
  9. adam.tom

adam.tom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys! I'm back to my post here again to share some of my thoughts after trying few inventory software. Well, I've purchased the Chronos eStockCard inventory software, the warehouse version. This software is really great and it has everything that I need like the location settings and support the barcode system, the serialized tracking is impressive too. One more thing that I got to mention here is their customer support is really great, they are so helpful. I will definitely recommend this software to other people. Here is their website if anyone interested to check it out: http://www.estockcard.com

Thanks.

adam.tom, Aug 15, 2012 IP