1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

investment 101 - you all should read this

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MattChicago, Apr 5, 2010.

Ok lets throw this around a bit.

IF i ever was going to invest in anything it would not be under say 5,000 for any investment if you are investing only 1,000 or less that is not really investing that is probably only taking care of some limited advertisement costs or well design work. I see these threads on i have 100 to 300 to invest (lol) so sad but that would not even take care of 1 month of server costs from my prospective. i guess it also depends on the type of site and also site costs as well, but any multimedia related website that uses a ton of bandwith, storage, and servers if you ever want to invest in that type of settings you probably need to re-think your investment lo-end price to buy in.

Startup investment - I love how people are getting more into starting there own company or online business but you need to keep in mind if the market is saturated in whatever business or online venture you want to get into it might not be good to invest in a "new" type of business, grab 1 that has been around a few years and go with that, unless they got some killer business plan and also other major investors or players added to the ticket.

Developed Site Investment - say you come across a website that has been around a while and the owner of the site wants to take it to the next level. Say the traffic, member base and PR is pretty decent say the income they make is from limited click ads or well website subscriptions are you going to invest long term for a developed site and see if it can blow up or would you rather take your money someplace else? I have seen this a few times where someone took a chance and bam the site became crazy rich after the investment but its more a "wild card" type of situation since the website or online business has to cater to the masses somehow.

Whats your thoughts? what would you invest in? what is your low-end investment amount? what type of returns do you normally request?

MattChicago, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  2. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is still plenty of money to be made online.

The problem everyone wants to cater to the world (versus local), or is still chasing that get rich quick-make millions scheme.

Barefootsies, Apr 5, 2010 IP