1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Investment tips from the Bible

Discussion in 'General Business' started by God_is_faithful, Oct 12, 2011.

You wouldn't guess that the Bible of all books would offer investment advice, but it does and it's more relevant today than ever. I read something that is actually directly applicable to us as domainers/website developers.

In the Bible there is a King called Solomon (King David's son) and God favored him told him to ask for anything, and God would give it to him. Solomon asked for wisdom to lead his people. God was pleased with the answer and basically said 'Because you didn't ask for riches or long life, I'm going to give you wisdom, great wealth and honor."

So Solomon had God-given wisdom.

Solomon wrote a short book called "Ecclesiastes" and you can find it in the Bible. You can tell by reading it how wise the guy was. He also offers investment strategies in the book:

This might be the first ever historical reference to a "diverse portfolio strategy" haha.

He's basically saying "Don't put all your eggs in one basket."

This could relate to us domaininers in a few ways. It could be used as advice not to invest in a single niche.

For example, if you spend all your money buying ONLY real estate domains, or only skateboarding domains, what happens if that particular type of domain becomes less valuable?

It can also be applied to real life investments. Domains are a serious way to make money- it's one of the few industries where $10 can become $10,000. But you never know when domains/websites might become redundant. I would say there's a 98% chance that .com domains will not become redundant in the next 10 years, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW. Perhaps it's best to invest in 7 or 8 things instead.

Instead of putting all your money into domains, divide it up between domains/gold/shares/real estate/foreign currency whatever else you're passionate about. Obviously we might not have the $$$ to do that yet, but it's something to keep in mind for the future... If you become rich, diversity is the best way to protect your money so that you and your family can be secure in the future and not at risk of losing everything cos you invested all your money into one area that collapsed.

I mean, imagine 5 years ago you decided to invest all your money into borders book store. Who would have guessed a decade ago that books would collapse the way they did?

Investing in many ventures offsets alot of loss if one of those industries takes a big hit. It also gives you another benefit: If one of them sky rockets you'll be on board. Instead of having 1 ticket to the raffle, you have 7 or 8 chances that when an industry sky rockets, you'll have an investment in that industry. That's basically what this scripture is saying, that you don't know which areas will prosper and which will collapse, so don't put all your eggs in one basket.

The Book of Ecclesiastes is full of wisdom about life in general too, I think it was the first Bible book I ever read.. only about 5 or 6 pages long, really good tho. Anyway, just thought it was interesting to find investment tips in the Bible lol... The oldest known copy of it is 2,500 years old, yet even now all that time later it's still relevant.

God_is_faithful, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  2. thotsa

thotsa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank for sharing.

thotsa, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  3. abelthomas

abelthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Nice Post.

abelthomas, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  4. rajni12

rajni12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. Good job, cheers.

rajni12, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  5. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    In time of job loss and inflation, only investment can save us for future.Nice tips.

eric_wahlberg, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  6. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    When in doubt, invest your money to save it for the future.

TheDuke2011, Nov 7, 2011 IP