1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is a Classifieds or Product Reviews site better?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jchan24, Mar 14, 2012.

I was thinking about creating a website for Mothers but was deciding between a Mom Classifieds site vs a mom Product Reviews site.

A Classifieds site only works if there is enough traffic and users to Post Ads and Buy products.
    If there is no traffic or user interest, then the site is dead.

A Reviews site might be more popular and get more traffic, especially if you can rely on yourself or a few friends to post Review blogs.

However, it seems like you can make more money with e-commerce sites and buy/selling products; instead of relying on Ads on a review site.

Maybe I should start with the Reviews site and see if I can get enough traffic or interest to warrant a classified section?

jchan24, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  2. SharperJAFs

SharperJAFs Peon

Best Answers:
    for a specific niche I would go with a review website.

SharperJAFs, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  3. imedia2011

imedia2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The review-style approach with realistic reviews will probably return you more for your effort in the shorter period of time. The more in-depth and honest the reviews and care taken to carefully select the offers, the better off your site and community will be in the long run.

imedia2011, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  4. lachlandv

lachlandv Peon

Best Answers:
    A classified site for mothers doesnt seem like it would catch much of a market but I think a review site is something with potential as mothers listen to other mothers about their experiences with products and would trust their opinions.

lachlandv, Mar 24, 2012 IP