1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is a SEOer worth paying for?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by powerlifer, Feb 5, 2010.

hey, i thought this would be better suited to teh business form, so as the title says i see loads of people advertising their SEO services offering all kinds of results first page and so on.

Has anyone experience of using a search engine optimizer and was it useful?

most of all was it worth the money?

powerlifer, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see so much bad SEO I just don't trust anyone to do it for me, so I do it myself.

I look through competitors' backlinks and do see some good work sometimes (usually on high dollar sites). Then I see lots or really bad work like link spam that will get deleted or lots really ghetto..

Some of these SEO guys will just run around spaming your url every where and when someone googles you site it will look like crap.

It gives me a break anyway when I get sick of working on sites I just do a little SEO work.

averyz, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  3. MIKESEARCH

MIKESEARCH Peon

Best Answers:
    The same question can be applied to any profession, use a little critical thinking.

Is a mechanic worth hiring? Well a good one that keeps your car well maintained that is passionate about his work is a great asset.

That being said, a bad mechanic that will try to charge you $20 for an oil change even though he didn't do anything but change the sticker isn't worth anything.

Ranking is valuable, someone that can do it is valuable but how do you know that the person is selling you what you're actually going to get?

MIKESEARCH, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I used it for my commercial site.
    And it worth for it $1000/month to maintain my current SERP.

mentos, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  5. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    the point i was trying to get across was that if its only backlinks and the sort that they do then id be aswell doing it myself.

unlike a mechanic i dont know how to change engine valves.

powerlifer, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  6. adihamo

adihamo Member

Best Answers:
    Try to read and understand it it is really easy to do but need some time so if you can work on SEO everyday for like 3 hours i think by the end of the month you will no need to pay anyone any more for this , focus on back-link this is the best thing

adihamo, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is if you find the right provider. Make sure you check references and get examples of methodology etc. before you hire someone.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  8. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i guess alot is about finding the proper SEO guys. I will do more research into it and the prices.

powerlifer, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  9. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    They say knowledge is power.
    It is also a fact that SEO never ends and requires constant attention in a competitive niche.

What you might want to consider is finding an SEO consultant that will help you learn some for the tricks and help you build an "SEO Task List" that you can outsource cheaply to various people for specific tasks - ad hoc

This way you only need the consultant for one time and can then "manage" your daily SEO tasks yourself.
    Whoever does the actual work will then just be following your direction giving you what you want.
    So you will never lose control of your site and everything that has to do with your SEO has to be assigned by you. This saves a lot of money and your site's reputation as many so called "SEO Experts", as mentioned, will just spam your link around the net if you are not careful. So now you went from good intentions to being a spammer. Not to mention you paid someone to make you a spammer.

So whatever you do, don't let loose of control of your site. It may result in a lot of damage to your reputation.

HomeComputerGames, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  10. craiger22

craiger22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In other words, do your research. Something I need to do more often.

craiger22, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  11. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is honestly very easy to do your own SEO. Especially when it comes to Google. However, a SEO supposedly will be able to 'game' all of the search engines and maximize you across all engines.

That said, I personally would take their asking price and invest it in a lot of other things that can give you a much better ROI in the short term.

However, everyone has different priorities when it comes to business. Some think that spending or investing in SEO is better than building a better mouse trap. I think this, like many online questions, have no ONE right answer.

Good luck.

Barefootsies, Feb 6, 2010 IP