1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyone familiar with xoops, exoops, runcms cms sytems ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by johno123, Aug 5, 2009.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some help with a problem i am having with a cms system i use for my membership site.

My site is using the myspace gold script. Which from what i can gather, was made with exoops/xoops/runcms cms systems.

Ok, so theres a little about the site im working with

My Problem...

I have a membership site that offers downloads of ebooks, scripts, plr articles, websites etc. I have download areas that are setup into different levels of membership. And each file is permissioned to follow these levels for each user.

With this downloads module or plugin i use. The downloads are not visible to anonymous, or non registered users browsing the site. Well, i want it so that anonymous can see the downloads in all levels before registering. If they choose they can sign up to get free access to the free area first. Then choose if they like, a higher mebership level. That kinda the point of it :)

I found a site that referrs to my problem at runcms.org, which is another cms system, compatible in most ways i have found so far to my site.

Except for this one problem.

The instructions are to copy and paste some files onto my server, which will correct the anonymous view problem im having.

When applying this fix, all of a sudden registered users cannot see the files in the upgradable areas anymore. Only anonymous can see all files in the higher areas. So that fix does not exactly help. Well it helps with one problem, but creates another.. Im sure it is somethign simple, but i dont know what i can do..

Hope that all made sense to you all, anyone with knowledge of these systems able to help me?

Thx in advance...

johno123, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. johno123

johno123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    does anyone have a xoops site, with the mydownloads module running ?

Does it also have this problem? if not, maybe your setup will work for me to try.

If anyone can help that would be great.

I will offer a free Gold Membership on the site, to whoever can help me with this problem. It's just a little something for the help.

Maybe that offer will attract more attention to this matter, and get it solved. :D

Thx

johno123, Aug 6, 2009 IP