1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Autoresponder Professional or Annoying?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by eyashwant, Oct 13, 2010.

I have been using auto-responders for about 2 years. It goes out next second for every mail that arrives. But some who send me about 4-5 mails a day wanted it removed badly. So I need some one to help me decide whether it's Professional or Annoying?

Thanks in Advance!

eyashwant, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  2. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    What reasons do they give? Can you turn it off for certain people?

JoesMillion, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  3. eyashwant

eyashwant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because they get it a lot of times, they prefer removing it.
    They request me

I can do that, but since I have 5000+ contacts, doing it manually is hard. I use gmail.

eyashwant, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  4. rewa

rewa Peon

Best Answers:
    which autoresponder do you use?

rewa, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  5. eyashwant

eyashwant Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use my servers own auto responder. Nothing new.

eyashwant, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:

If at least 60% of your people complain to you then you should removed it else continue using it.

mentos, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  7. eyashwant

eyashwant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not even 1% complainted, but people don't complain to me. I asked one and he said he did nto like,

eyashwant, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  8. mjett

mjett Peon

Best Answers:
    Having an autoresponder is very important, because it allows you to build your list and follow up with your prospects. However, they can become a nuisance if they are constantly sending out a bunch of emails on a daily basis. I remember one time, I subscribed to someone's list ONCE, but I got like 10 emails back to back in a short span of time. This happened over the course of a few days until I just finally unsubscribed from their list. Do you have an "unsubscribe" button or link at the bottom of each email that goes out to your prospects? If you do, then if they no longer wish to be a part of your list, they can just hit that unsubscribe link and unsubscribe themselves, saving you a lot of time in the process.

mjett, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  9. eyashwant

eyashwant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its email auto reply. It cannot have those.

eyashwant, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  10. pri2sh

pri2sh Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think some people who mail you should be answered manually , they might ask about some think that in not recorded in auto-responder .

pri2sh, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  11. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they are as annoying as spam - I hate them. However, when we took a poll of our customers about switching the auto-responder facility off the vast majority wanted it left on....so it was. Our email servers will only send one auto-response per day per incoming email, so if the same person sends 2 or more emails to the person with an autoresponder message they only get a single reply per day.

If you're using it to respond to every email whether you are "out of office" or not, then it is definitely extremely annoying, except for certain functions such as support messages where it's important the person sending the email knows that they have been assigned a ticket and a response will be forthcoming.

RonBrown, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  12. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    Why not setup a seperate email account then, for the people you contact regularly... that way they are not bothered with the auto responder?

webrec, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  13. funkywizard

funkywizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    definitely annoying. I don't need to know that someone is "out of the office" when I email them right after they email me. Often times, it will say that a person is available during regular business hours (m-f 9-5 eastern time, for example), and when they're "out of the office" during these times, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I've never been much in favor of autoresponders, but i guess, it depends how you use them

funkywizard, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  14. truejeff

truejeff Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are the receiver, you will hate them.
    If you really want to send mailing list, do not send it too often, once every 1-2wk should be fine. I would prefer monthly though.

truejeff, Nov 7, 2010 IP