1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is bank account needed in UK?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by firebird_411, Mar 22, 2005.

I live in USA and operate a few websites which sell products. I got an oppertunity to acquire a website which does business in UK. Do I need to have a bank account in UK to operate a business in UK? The dropshipper for the website that I am acquiring is in UK. Will there be any complications with the dropshipper or in any legal matter to operate this website?

I would appreciate any suggestions in this matter.

firebird_411

firebird_411, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  2. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not too sure firebird, if you have trouble though I can accept the payments and pass them onto you :)

l234244, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If your dropshipper accepts credit card transactions or bank transfer from abroad (could cost him extra in handling fees with his bank) then you don't have to as far as your supplier situation is concerned.

It depends on how you are taking money from the customers on the site. If it's paypal etc. and you tell them what currency it will be then its fine. If it's through your US merchant account then you'll want to set up pound sterling payments into your account for clarity's sake towards the punters.

In short... No, you don't have to have a UK bank account I'd say.

T0PS3O, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  4. firebird_411

firebird_411 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.

firebird_411, Mar 22, 2005 IP