1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is choosing social bookmarking sites for drawing traffic to site right step?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by katie67, Sep 24, 2009.

I am trying to get traffic to my site and while reading few post and article on how to draw traffic, I learned that social bookmarking sites can get instant traffic. I need your suggestion whether I should start spending some time on sites like digg, reddit etc. and will they solve my purpose?

katie67, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  2. HandleWithCare

HandleWithCare Guest

Best Answers:
    yes these sites will give you backlinks.

HandleWithCare, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  3. tguillea

tguillea Active Member

Best Answers:
    No I wouldn't count on much traffic instantly, but you will get instant, 100% free backlinks from high ranking sites which WILL get you huge amounts of traffic later on (as you will tend to rank better for terms).

Bookmarks are worth the effort IMO, but realize all the reward for your effort do not appear "instantly"

tguillea, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  4. Michal Wicinski

Michal Wicinski Peon

Best Answers:
    Link's a link. It won't hurt, I'll help a bit, but there are better ways to use your time :)

Michal Wicinski, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  5. KonaGirl

KonaGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Like everyone has already said, it does work, but be careful not to spam. Spamming any bookmarking site will either get you banned or the members will ignore you if they see too much self promotion.

What has worked for me in the past was getting a group of 30 friends or more. Everyone in the group would bookmark each others sites, articles, blog post, etc.

You could form a group in Facebook specifically for this purpose. Everyone that joins the group would bookmark the URL that is posted to the group. For example: You submit a really good blog post (don't bookmark every single blog post - just the really good ones) to Digg. Then you submit the Digg URL to your group. All the group has to do is go to that URL, Digg your story, and leave a comment. When they leave a comment, they should also leave a link to their website at the end of their comment if it is relevant to your story.

You could probably get a group together right here in the forum by posting a thread asking if anyone is interested in forming a bookmarking group.

Hope that helps.

KonaGirl, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  6. anjan2010

anjan2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Socialbookmarking is one of the best in SEO.It gets instant traffic and backlinks to your sites.

Do as many as e bookmarks and get huge traffic to your site.

anjan2010, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  7. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The social bookmarking sites will give you traffic, but what everone is not telling you, the traffic has about a 90% - 95% bounce rate.

With a bounce rate that high, do not spend a lot of time submitting your sites and articles to social book markings sites. Submit them, but do no waste a lot of time on it. If you want traffic, focus on areas that give you targeted traffic, not traffic with a 90% bounce rate.

~kev~, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  8. Belgretor

Belgretor Member

Best Answers:
    That is a way of million ways.

Belgretor, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  9. narayanan

narayanan Peon

Best Answers:
    narayanan, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  10. rstringer

rstringer Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking sites are good way to get a proper backlink and jumpstart your website but i preferother techniques... tbh i have never used social networking for any of my websites :)

rstringer, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  11. jenniferquilter

jenniferquilter Peon

Best Answers:
    as kev mentioned above, the bounce rate is terrible. This means they'll come to your site, and then bounce off somewhere else, not staying around to look at anything, so the traffic itself is worth little.

It can help you build backlinks though which will you move up in the search engines, which will help you get more quality, targeted, traffic.

jenniferquilter, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  12. MatrixGodFather

MatrixGodFather Peon

Best Answers:
    i would focus on twitter. IF you do the other make sure they are theme related and do follow backlinks and the higher the PR the better try for PR5 or better!

MatrixGodFather, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  13. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is good but the thing you need is a huge friends list. Otherwise they are useless.

facebookapp, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  14. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use as part of your overall strategie. Otherwise your screwed.

nowimhere, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  15. mmazone

mmazone Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking site gives you Quality Backlinks in longer run, but dont expect of quality traffic with it.. most of the visitors might be from SEO world, so if you need serious traffics you need to work out on it very much, first of all you should create a complete profile, join groups, do tries to comment on topic which you understands, make friends and then start bookmarking.. these things will give you visitors and might be chances to get your site popularize through viral marketing..moreover i feels SB helps most in optimizing the keywords SERPS.. so i suggest plan it before you bookmark it..

mmazone, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  16. hamish

hamish Peon

Best Answers:
    I use social bookmarking sites as a way of getting my spoke/parasites indexed quickly, which helps in linkwheel building. I will mix in some bookmarks of money sites, but do it more for the backlinks than traffic.

Personally, I've always found the bookmarking sites traffic to be some of the lowest quality known to man.

hamish, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  17. katie67

katie67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank to all for replying to my post

katie67, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  18. angel54

angel54 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, bookmarking sites can prove very beneficial for your sites. I was reading in this article that I found on redalkemi site that the Articles / websites voted up to the frontpage usually receive a great deal of traffic and can easily see over 10,000 visitors within the span of a day.

But like said in above replies bounce rate will be high

angel54, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  19. bruceslogos

bruceslogos Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking like digg, reddit is a good start in getting traffic for a site

bruceslogos, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  20. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes social bookmarking is a good idea to promote your traffic and incoming sales. It spreads out your data and url across multiple sites and people who are interested in keeping trackof updates in those sites would have been viewing those sites would click through and possibly land in your site.

Traffic-Bug, Sep 30, 2009 IP