1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Content Management software right for me

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Kylven, Mar 31, 2008.

I’ve been looking for an automation solution for my website. What I need to accomplish is gather long user submitted content (anywhere from 10 - 100 word doc pages) including images throughout, and post that data into a standard series of webpages with unique URLs. I wish as little interaction from me as possible.

If that can’t be accomplished, I was pondering the automated creation of PDF files instead. I’m not sure if a content management package would be the right avenue to undertake such an endeavor or… maybe a php/mysql concoction.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kylven, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  2. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Joomla. I have mine set up so that users can choose a topic category to choose from before they submit so that the story automatically is in the right place. All I need to do is approve the submission. You can, however, set it up so that no approval is needed.

Good Luck

river, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  3. Kylven

Kylven Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks River

Mind sending me the url of your site so I can take a look?

Kylven, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  4. fabriciogr

fabriciogr Active Member

Best Answers:
    when you mention:

submitted content (anywhere from 10 - 100 word doc pages) including images throughout

do you mean users will have some sort of mechanism to attach word files and the CMS should read these and convert them automatically into X number of pages?

if so, I'm not really sure Joomla has such an component built to handle such a requirement. please anyone correct me if i'm wrong.

Then you would need to look into ezPublish. Starting from version 3.9 of eZ the text editor has built in an openOffice(also handles .doc) importer. This means user browses and upload his word file and eZ converts it into content. and yes it can handle images.

fabriciogr, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  5. Kylven

Kylven Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply fabriciogr

Yeah that is exactly what I mean. My site is basically user submitted fan fiction including screenshots to help tell the tale. Some submissions are actually novel length and others are image heavy…upwards of 500 per story.

I’ll take a look at ezPublish.

Kylven, Apr 1, 2008 IP