1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is coronavirus affected to global marketing?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by egoldzone, Feb 12, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, I have heard some of my colleagues who specialize in branding that there is now some indication that there are a couple of ways brands might be affected: some brands are being viewed as being helpful to the coronavirus situation; other brands are being viewed as taking advantage of the situation. Brand protection/enhancement is critical to bringing your business out of this crisis. I think that there is a third potential effect to a company's brand: I am sick and tired of empathetic or sympathetic posts from all manner of sales or marketing reps trying to sell me something. Asking me how me and my family is doing when you don't know me or barely know me, is fake and easily recognizable. ("Who is this guy asking me such personal questions?") My read of the companies telling their people to do such outreach is that they are scared and wanted to do something; it just shows that they do not know what they are doing from a sales/marketing perspective and reminds me of the following axiom: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jrbiz, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  2. RobertJays

RobertJays Member

Best Answers:
    I think covid affected marketing even in the rare niches, cause it's literally everywhere and one thing connected to another, so..

RobertJays, Apr 24, 2020 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is some chatter in marketing circles that there will be some strong initial pushes to help local small businesses when the economy starts opening up again. Now, they are talking about local brick and mortar companies, but might that trend also be an opportunity to promote local online businesses? Yes, you may sell all over the world, but you also have a headquarters location that might be worth promoting in a special campaign?

jrbiz, Apr 24, 2020 IP
  4. donsr

donsr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what about third world country situation ?

donsr, Apr 25, 2020 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am no expert on the impact of coronavirus on the Third World, except that I have heard that the shutdown may be causing more deaths by starvation, etc., than the virus will ever cause. My advice, as a marketer, would be to focus your efforts on the least affected countries who rebound the quickest from this ordeal. You should be watching for those pockets where there is a possibility of sales and trying to market to them.

jrbiz, Apr 25, 2020 IP
  6. Denised

Denised Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone is affected by covid rich, poor businessmen, and industry...

Denised, Oct 9, 2020 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are correct: it is almost impossible to not have been affected by the lockdowns imposed due to the virus. The virus, itself, has had much less impact than the artificial lockdowns that have been forced on the business community. The type of impact (negative, positive, etc.) does vary, of course. For example, Amazon may be having its best year ever. Airlines, hotels, cruise companies, etc., are all in deep, deep trouble. On the other hand, my "day job" company just came off its best summer ever (perhaps its best quarter ever, as well) in terms of new clients and contracts. The lockdown had only a slight impact by slightly slowing down the paperwork, etc., but even that was negligible.

jrbiz, Oct 9, 2020 IP
  8. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Now, two years later after the initial beginning of pandemics, we can definitely say that it had an impact on global marketing but not necessarily in a bad way, in fact, I think there are more and more jobs in this field and many people started working remotely, so new opportunities really expanded. This trend will surely continue to grow in the future as well, even after the pandemic starts to calm down as many companies figured out that they can work remotely just as fine and work with different people from all corners of the world, which is really great outcome that appeared in the last couple of years.

VortexAlpha, Feb 24, 2022 IP
  9. Gracia_2

Gracia_2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, It has affected the marketing world. though digital marketing has grown exponentially the market that does not play an essential role in the regular life of people was forced to shut down. The shops that accepted the digital growth moved their shops on online platforms. like shopify.

Gracia_2, Feb 24, 2022 IP
  10. Gardahn

Gardahn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, coronavirus affected all the spheres of our life, marketing is included. It affects the business, so it also affects the marketing anywa.y. I believe that nowadays corona gradually fades away, because the half of people already have an immune, the rest half of people were vaccinated. So, we can wait for the gradual recovery of all the spheres of our livelihood.

Gardahn, Sep 1, 2022 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here in the U.S., the economy kept booming overall through the height of the pandemic. Unemployment and inflation were low and businesspeople were still optimistic. So market impact was varied, based on industry and market, but overall, things were still pretty good. It was not until mid-2021 that the economy tanked and pessimism starting settling in.

jrbiz, Sep 1, 2022 IP