1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Facebook already dying?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by J-Solutions, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Emily01Jhon

Emily01Jhon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
     True. Facebook is not going anywhere. I heard in the last few days that it has hit 700,000,000 users. Businesses are looking to expanding themselves with new marketing strategies with Facebook. 

Emily01Jhon, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  2. dannypayton

dannypayton Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook will always be good both for marketing and for personal use. It still has a lot of users on it both for business and personal use. So i don't think it's dying out. Maybe it's not expanding as it used to.

dannypayton, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  3. kylelawrence

kylelawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is still doing good but let see after Google+ works in full.

kylelawrence, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  4. pegre

pegre Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook will probably fade in popularity with time - like most things on the web unfortunately do. Over the past three years, my activity on it has seen a considerable decline with not even having logged on the past few months. I think it all stems from the fact that I now find it all a lil too overwhelming - there's just sooo much happening and changing all the time. Just when you think you've figured a part of it out, they go and change it again.

pegre, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  5. nestful

nestful Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think facebook can die...they are getting into everything.

nestful, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  6. fernades

fernades Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that facebook got dead. Because google has released + as a competitor for facebook. In my point of view that doesn't work, + is the best copy of facebook. And still we cannot predict that facebook will stay for this time or that time. They have good ideas in their mind, so i think they will rule social networking for some more time.  

fernades, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  7. yester123

yester123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything has to face ups and downs like that even facebook will face downfall one day. Previously we had orkut. Many people visited it and it was the best at that time but people left it when facebook launched as they have found it more interesting. So people will regularly visit facebook until they find something more interesting than facebook.

yester123, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  8. fernades

fernades Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are correct. But now its the turn for facebook.  

fernades, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  9. Freakbd

Freakbd Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you think like that???
    Facebook is just an infant in the internet.

Freakbd, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  10. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook may have slowed up its growth (how much more you can grow with 500 million members, after all), but it's still strong and standing.

Tedel, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  11. jollydutta

jollydutta Member

Best Answers:
    I think till now facebook is with respect. This is the best platform where we can get instant traffic...

jollydutta, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  12. SEO Bounty

SEO Bounty Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe in five years there will be a different main audience for Facebook, but I am sure it will still be around. It's now becoming popular with a whole new generation of older people.

SEO Bounty, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  13. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me facebook died when they opened the site up to the general public.  When it was just me on there with my university buddies it was a pretty cool way to meet engineers are other schools but now it's turning into an internet landfill like myspace did.

freelancewebaz, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  14. seocreative

seocreative Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think so. Facebook is still gaining popularity till now, because of its dynamic features, its not easy to switch to google plus easily :)

seocreative, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  15. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    It's still dominating among other social networking sites.

ParentingCoachLisa, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  16. Linerider

Linerider Member

Best Answers:
    While it is gaining popularity in developing countries, it is loosing members in the western world. Facebook lost 6 million users in the US in May. 
    Facebook has novelty value, but very little practical use. Facebook is just not seen as being 'fashionable' any more. Soon enough there will be a replacement, perhaps Google + or maybe something completely different. That will last for a while, then people will get bored with that, and another product will come along. The cycle continues....
    We've seen this before (albeit on a smaller scale) with Myspace and Friends Reunited. 

Linerider, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  17. Carpeto

Carpeto Active Member

Best Answers:
    google + is still just a copy of facebook

Carpeto, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  18. JazMajor

JazMajor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook is not YET dying - it's still effective in marketing and with the launch of Google, I'm sure, people behind
    Facebook are doing their best to come up with things to keep Facebook alive....
    Google+ has just been launched and has not yet proven itself to replace or even kill Facebook. Perhaps the news are just hype--- marketing promo for Google+
    It's too premature to say Facebook is dying although Google+ is the next big thing --- it's by Google anyway. 

JazMajor, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  19. AdrianSays

AdrianSays Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook cannot die, not this early. First of all, let's wait for the full Google+ release, then we should see the reactions on the new social networking site which will be Google+. If the reactions are good and everybody likes it more than Facebook, then we should thing about a slightly down in charts for what now is the biggest social networking site in the world.

AdrianSays, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  20. Atish Nischal

Atish Nischal Peon

Best Answers:
    nooo no no who said to you that facebook is dying.. buddy it is in its peek. most of the people who use net, more than 90% of them have an ligin id in facebook. children dont have time to study, take time for facebook.

Atish Nischal, Aug 7, 2011 IP