1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Flippa.com Working Out For You ??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Bohra, Mar 13, 2010.

Is Flippa.com Working Out For You ??

Are the sites u list being sold or has it lost its charm ??

Bohra, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  2. hopeless4

hopeless4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They're great for security of the sale. You really have to get out to forums, and market the site though. Its great to have flippa to complete the transaction. But if you want the site sold in a timely fashion, you have to market it yourself.

hopeless4, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  3. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But then why flippa ??? if i have to market my sale then i can do it myself using escrow or smtn right

Bohra, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  4. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i like the old marketplace @ sitepoint also i think the WST section of DP is way better than anything anyway!

Jasonb, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  5. ramerika

ramerika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMO flippa is great for selling premium sites as it makes the fees worth paying otherwise you're better off using DP WTS section to sell sites and/or domains.

ramerika, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  6. csreference

csreference Member

Best Answers:
    Today morning i listed one of my domain names in an auction on flippa.com. You will still see it in the new listing 1st page.

I set it on private where buyers can make me an offer and the time period of bid is for 5 Months.

Lets see if it gets sold in these 5 months starting from today.

csreference, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  7. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. Was thinking of trying out flippa as heard many people mention it. But saw that the fees were simply ridiculous $19 listing fee+ 5% success fee http://flippa.com/pricing
    Ridiculous and only worth while if you are flipping big sites. Otherwise DP here is much better. The high fees for flippa is not surprising considering it is spin off of Sitepoint which charges crazy fees http://www.emarketing-newsletter.com/sitepoints-flippa-marketplace-big-fee-increase.html

tradester, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  8. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I never sold or bought a site on flippa but the sites sold there look pretty good but I guess this also depends on the seller

Sensei.Design, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  9. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    IDK TBH, Flippa seems a bit too expensive especially if you are just selling small websites, like most people tend to do. DigitalPoint is good but rather insecure and I'm sorry to say but I've heard that it has more scammers than legit people. Arghh life just isn't fair.

RadioBounce, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  10. alb3rt1

alb3rt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have sold a website for 400$ on flippa.
    Flippa is expensive, but if you post on auction a good site you have great possibilities to sell it.

alb3rt1, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  11. hopeless4

hopeless4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Strictly for security purposes. But your right, its more from a buyer's perspective. If you have an escrow service then your better off pitching it in forums, then going to your trusted service. I would never arrange a private exchange though - Too many chances something bad will happen to you, whether a buyer, or seller.

Flippa isn't for sites with no value, that's for sure.

hopeless4, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  12. jonas18

jonas18 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. 90% of buyers on flippa are time waster..They're more interested in your tips and trick when you selling a successful a site then buy it. If you're end up selling the site you have 95% chance the buyer not pay for it...The worst thing is flippa still want to you to pay the fee for the sale, if u don't, your account will get banned. All these features you buy when you're selling a site are waste of money..Go check for yourself you'll see the featured sites with full of unrelated questions that if the buyer don't end up delete them.

jonas18, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  13. alb3rt1

alb3rt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So if your website has imponent traffic you can try to put a banner or a post in your website with the sale condition, and try to sell it directly!
    Maybe someone can be interested, depend also by the niche of your website, I think this can works for webmaster website related, or webdesign and similar...

alb3rt1, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  14. funkyreuben

funkyreuben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recently sold a site on flippa and I thought it went great. I initially tried to sell the site here on DP but got no bites. I set the site with a BIN of $3800 and sold it within a few hours. I did no promotion other than to list it on flippa with the bold, highlight and frontpage features.

Chris

funkyreuben, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  15. funkyreuben

funkyreuben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually had a buyer place a BIN and not pay. I filed a dispute with Flippa, and they credited my account for any listing charges that I had paid already. I was able to relist the site for sale without any problems.

Chris

funkyreuben, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  16. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope.

I have not had much luck on the new site, whether buying or selling, and prefer the old SP site.

I routinely look for sites to buy, and it is very hard to find what I am looking for. The way the site is arranged, and even the search (when attempted endlessly) is complete shit.

/2ct

Barefootsies, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  17. DomainDomain

DomainDomain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just sold one on there for $2k, the site only got bid up to $250 on here....I like it, but only for sites worth $500+
    DD

DomainDomain, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  18. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes if you say during the launch of flippa.
    But now a big NO NO.
    Now the site i listed 19 out of 20 is unsold.
    I think its time to move to other site.

mentos, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  19. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ah sucks proves flippa was a bad move for sellers but a good move from sitepoint to increase profits but wonder how long that will last

Bohra, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  20. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats why I tried to start my own website. Failed since I wasn't marketing right though and its just so hard to start (people see there isn't any real activity so they figure its worthless to register and post for free).

Flippa does make you pay, because of the amount of exposure your site gets. People don't always browse webmaster websites such as here or sitepoint. They go to google and type in "buy websites" and it usually comes to Flippa. Flippa, like you have said though, is great for "premium" websites. It gives buyers a place to easily find what they want without having to hunt through multiple websites browsing the forums. I guess you can simply say its convenient for them.

mezner, Mar 17, 2010 IP