1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it good idea to make a new social site like facebook or something like that ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by fxlock, Aug 7, 2012.

i want to make a social site ..Is it good idea to make a new social site like facebook or something like that ?
    due to i must spend a good amount money dose it worth to do it ?

fxlock, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  2. A.J

A.J Peon

Best Answers:
    It is hard to tell if it is going to be worth your time and money but if you make something new, not just a bad copy of facebook or something, it might attract some users and when you get some decent traffic, you will always be able to make money out of it.

A.J, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  3. psychicmystery

psychicmystery Active Member

Best Answers:
    start small and you dont have to invest money, there is a wp plugin that will make your site a social one, with chats, blogs forums, ratings and all. choose a niche and see how many people are signing. if you will get lots of visitors then you can start to upgrade.

psychicmystery, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  4. SEObaby

SEObaby Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow I just pressed the wrong button and lost my entire post lol. Won't be doing that again! Anyway, I was saying that as long as you are able to differentiate yourself from the rest of the social networks out there, you could do well. Think extremely niche though.

SEObaby, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  5. shindig

shindig Peon

Best Answers:
    I second the idea of targetting niches, I think you've gotten a bigger chance of building a userbase that way.

shindig, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  6. holmes15

holmes15 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah niche it out otherwise whats the point in making the same site as facebook. look at linkedin and pinterest they took the social media idea and niched it out abit, but expect to have to put in lots of work to make it a success good luck.

holmes15, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  7. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you guys .. would you tell me which plugin do social for wordpress ?

fxlock, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  8. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you really like some niche and you want to become an expert in it then you can create some social network for it. But first start to make blog and then when you reach to yours audience then convert them in active social group.

adbash, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  9. latnemele

latnemele Member

Best Answers:
    Making a blog will be much easier and profitable. It will be easier to get targeted clients and you won't have to spend so much on advertising.

latnemele, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  10. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you mean make a general social site is not good ?

fxlock, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  11. jhon prince

jhon prince Peon

Best Answers:
    Not bad idea, you should struggle hard to make a social networking website like Facebook. If you have money than you can do it, hire 3 to 4 web developer and SEO guys than you will become able to make a social network site. Best of luck.:)

jhon prince, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  12. Watkins

Watkins Peon

Best Answers:
    Third Shindigs comments. A general social networking site has a huge amount of competition (as I am sure you are all aware!). As such, it may be worth targeting a niche area, think about Linkedin as it is for business professionals and not just general networking. I also would agree with making a blog first so that you can get some followers and then convert them. Couldn't really give you all that much info on how much it would cost as there are multiple variables concerning this!
    Good Luck:D

Watkins, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  13. MrBeLu

MrBeLu Member

Best Answers:
    Imo social network sites have been along with us for too long to figure out something new or copy someones idea.

MrBeLu, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  14. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is hard to using a same concept and expect others to transfer to your new social media. Your social media need to be have something really interested and something different with other social media. Such as Google Plus , Twitter and Facebook which they have their different unique and able to attract new users and maintain active users. It same like product that you need bring your USP in the market rather than selling the same product and service with competitor and expect to success.

JerrickYeoh, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  15. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dont want to make something like facebook or twitter , i want to make something unique but i need advice

fxlock, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  16. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make a new social networking site like Facebook. But the question is, do you think you can make that popular and people will use that? Many new social networking sites came but those fail to attract user there.

rubeljoy, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  17. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i know but i want to make unique one to attract visitors .. i need inspiration and suggestion

fxlock, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  18. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously it is a good idea ,not only good but also excellent idea.
    Congratulation for your idea.
    But to implement you need courage and inspire first ,find that person ,
    next you need a large and reliable team with strong basic on programming.

lolpasslol, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  19. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It makes me even laugh that you consider a idea like this :). You ask people on a forum if you should start something to compete with Facebook and other social media websites without having a plan (getting traffic, income, security, etc)...... if you start something like this your just stuppid since there is no way one man can handle this on his own.

quiz, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  20. nitin22

nitin22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Think of the future and then build site. Web is slowly progressing to Web 3.0 that is mobile. In web 1.0 we had google and content sites. In web 2.0 we had fb, twitter and many social network sites. In 2 years mobile users will be more than desktop users. In due course of time something will come that will become the craze, just like fb came and simply ruled the web. So put your vision glass on and then build the site for future.

nitin22, Aug 12, 2012 IP