1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it good idea to make a new social site like facebook or something like that ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by fxlock, Aug 7, 2012.

1. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you mean make a site for mobile users instead of web users ? would you clarify it ?

fxlock, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  2. Eddie.S

Eddie.S Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well creating new social networking site is good idea but its very hard to get success like Facebook even Google+ cannot beat Facebook till yet.Think about the competition also.Try to make clear which type of social networking sites you want to create like Facebook or twitter or LinkedIn etc.Remember network doesn't work if participants use it as advertising platform.So create your rule and regulations also which works for you as well as your users.All the best for this project.

Eddie.S, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  3. lok.p

lok.p Peon

Best Answers:
    It makes sense that some thing might be there to replace the FB too. Things that make social media fun like findind friends have gone back and the whole App business have come up so there are some people who resent FB and soon something will be replacing it for sure. Hopefuly !

lok.p, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  4. studentspradhana

studentspradhana Peon

Best Answers:
    yes u can man....but success of your networking site will depends on your hardwork,ok.....try hard and spend money and achieve success:)

ALL THE BEST:)

studentspradhana, Aug 18, 2012 IP
  5. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pm or write here if you have any suggestion

fxlock, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  6. Shimca

Shimca Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just my opinion its good if you have a decent amount of money to invest, social site is a huge deal you need to prepare for future upgrades and alike. I also find some interesting alternative social sites as it makes my promotion easy. I am an active user of this site http://ox.vc/u/1t hopefully you can find a good idea and inspiration out of it. Its targeted and I like it. Easy to promote websites and gives good traffic from my end. In creating your own Social site you need to have different views and most of your features must be unique to make your audience interested in your site. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Shimca, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  7. CodyCFS

CodyCFS Member

Best Answers:
    The WordPress plugin is BuddyPress.

I own a social network and I feel no competition with Facebook and Twitter because I'm my own thing and plus, I know that I have real support unlike Facebook and don't overcrowd the site with ads all day and night long.

CodyCFS, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  8. aadi14

aadi14 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are trying to put your feet on the burning Coal.But if you want to walk through it and get your target accomplished you have to be unique and try something different from what present social media sites are providing and its hard to do that.Research on what they are upto and then get things done.

aadi14, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  9. Cyber Sniffer

Cyber Sniffer Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people are really happy with facebook..so donn go for it...i saw a site like zuker..they do alot of promotion on facebook..but got failed

Cyber Sniffer, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  10. mical

mical Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ya ,
    you are having a very good idea, but start with less investment that will help you more.

Thanks.

mical, Sep 7, 2012 IP