1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to become millionaire in webmaster/SEO /link building niche now?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tradester, Sep 24, 2010.

Are there actually any SEO experts or link builders (besides founders of Google, Yahoo) who become millionaires purely from selling SEO services to customers? I mean we hear of webpreneurs who make millions/ billions from online stores (eg. ebay, Amazon), social networking (Facebook, myspace, twitter), media (youtube) but seldom hear of SEO guys who make it big aside from the founders of early search engines like Yahoo, Google.
    Does that mean it is possible to be hundredaire or thousandaire but not millionaire in SEO niche now compared to early days of internet? Does that mean majority of us on this forum should move from SEO services to other niches? :)

tradester, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Its the same as any service; of cause there are millionaires that run SEO companies.

The point however generally is that they are millionaires because of their business abilities not their technical skills. Unless you are lucky and do work in return for equity in the sites that end up making it big your earning potential as an individual service provider is limited - realistically SEO tends to max out at £350 a day which makes a nice salary if you work on the basis of 80% utilisation but not a millionaire.

Once you start having employees then naturally you can grow your income but then your life becomes much more about having a pipeline of work, dealing with employee issues and less and less about hands on doing the work.

AstarothSolutions, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  3. Tom_Lee

Tom_Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    Once you start having employees then naturally you can grow your income but then your life becomes much more about having a pipeline of work, dealing with employee issues and less and less about hands on doing the work.

Tom_Lee, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  4. I4Visual

I4Visual Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with what was said above, it's more with your business skills and how well you do in business, rather then just in SEO, you can't become a millionaire on SEO alone, maybe with 1000 clients all paying £300 a month, that's about £300,000 a month which in a year is of course 3.6mil but obviously with so many clients you would need staff, enough to deal with all that SEO. then business costs will come into it, it's always the way that the more money you make the more you end up spending on business costs, tax xomes into this too. I wish you much luck with it though.

I4Visual, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  5. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anything is possible if you have the determination to succeed.
    period.

olddocks, Sep 28, 2010 IP