1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to sell a MySpace account?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dreamlife789, Oct 6, 2009.

How many real friends does it take to sell a MySpace account? Do people actually buy them? Where?

dreamlife789, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not your account to sale. That account belongs to the owner of myspace, not you.

There are all kinds of legal implications about selling something that does not belong to you. I suggest you not do it.

~kev~, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  3. jaremy

jaremy Peon

Best Answers:
    What he said. You probably cannot sell it through any proper or legal channels. You might be able to sell it under the table (I know of people who have sold Twitter accounts, etc). But it is most likely illegal.

jaremy, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  4. sheila.peacock

sheila.peacock Peon

Best Answers:
    Seen as Myspace is free for all its customers and is rightfully owned by themselves, the answer is NO.

sheila.peacock, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  5. lamexicana

lamexicana Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer is YES but is it legal? That depends on the social network. You can sell just about everything you own but sometimes that can be illegal so you better check with the true owner first. Some of them might not have problems with that.

lamexicana, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. chris00129

chris00129 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would have to say no personally because first of all you don't own the domain name you are only using a link off there website. I guess you could possibly sell it though directly. I mean really who would know or care.

chris00129, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  7. DigitalChuck

DigitalChuck Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is the way that I understand how MySpace profiles work - maybe someone will let me know if I'm right ;)

A social network like MySpace allows a member to USE, hold and modify a profile, but there is no transfer of ownership rights when you are allowed usage of the Profile.

The Terms of Service also states they can take the profile away from you at any time, for any reason, without notice, and they don't have to give you your images, videos, blog posts, etc.....

No reach around, no Vaseline, no sweet nothings whispered in your ear, no love, no respect in the morning, just bend over and kiss that sweet 300K profile goodbye.

We can't own a MySpace Profile unless we shell out the $1,000,000,000 or however much it would take to buy MySpace.com from FoxMedia.

FoxMedia/Rupert Murdoch currently hold all rights to ALL MySpace profiles, groups, forums and everything else myspace, and are the only ones that can actually sell a MySpace profile.

Legally no, we cannot transfer ownership of MySpace profiles, because we never actually receive ownership of the profile.

It's only being "loaned" to us.

But..... ;)

OP - To answer your question more directly....

Being as that I run several MySpace sites, I am asked all the time if I have any profiles for sale and I've traded them in the past with some success.

Yes - there is still a market for MySpace Accounts, especially band profiles with a low friend id that do not have a set URL.

I don't see many listed on eBay anymore, maybe they don't allow it these days, but at BHW and some other larger, popular webmaster and MySpace Related forums, it is acceptable to Buy, Sell, or Trade MySpace profiles.

For some, the value is in having a MASSIVE amount of friends, so they will pay $XX to $XXX for a myspace profile with say 50,000 to 100,000 friends.

For me, the advantage would be having a low Friend ID( 4 or 5 digits) , so that the profile will show up at the beginning of their friend list, because those profiles "get the most action".

There are other qualities that people look for when they are "buying" a profile.

However - you need to know that there is NO RECOURSE if you get scammed/chargeback'd while selling/buying/Trading profiles like this - and if MySpace gets involved - the profile usually just gets deleted.

It's against the DP rules to offer these profiles, but hopefully talking about it won't get us banned, because there is no offer being made for buying, selling or trading any profiles. It's only a discussion about it.

Hope this helps.
    Chuck

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    DigitalChuck, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  8. allenlinkmaster

allenlinkmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    NO man !! how could you sell your account and please tell me where you heard that it is possible? i don't think so, me to using myspace, orkut, facebook regularly.. but its impossible to sell account like this, yes if you want to share your password to anyone and give your own account to anyone then, might be possible, but no one do this stupid activity ! i'm hearing first time this, for me not possible !

allenlinkmaster, Oct 20, 2009 IP