1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is LinkedIn Good?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by bukky, Oct 5, 2009.

1. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jahbs: When you joined LinkedIn and then got your 200 connections yesterday did you sign up with TopLinked and pay their $50 membership? Also
    when you downloaded your email address to a .txt file, can you explain the steps? Better yet....email me: if you can. I have a question. I joined TopLinked months ago and just yesterday another 25 to 30 "invitations" or connection requests came in over last 24 hrs.
    Candise: Nonprofit promotion sounds OK if it works to your advantage....this is what makes LinkedIn a wonderful tool. However, my discipline doesn't lend itself well in that area, as a fulltime graphics person trying to make a living. Most "non profits" always ask my services for free and between high advertising costs, monthly brodband connects, web URL domain registration renewals and hosting costs I would be spinning my wheels by givng my services away for free.
    However, this is what makes LinkedIn unique....you pick and choose those people and groups to help one another. Great insight.

dinrock, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  2. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Venatoria: You hit the nail on the head....for anyone interested, just go to LinkedIn's index page....see the search tool? Check that out . . . look for people or businesses you'd be interested in by using unique search terms....you might be surprised. Good input Venatoria....

dinrock, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  3. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Linkedln is the best networking site and drives a lots of traffic.

rashida, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  4. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using linkedin for my professional profile. It's also one of our techniques use on SERMA.

Hersheys, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  5. allenlinkmaster

allenlinkmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    well i never used LinkedIn but i'm succeed to get lots of traffic without LinkedIn, so its not necessary to use it but if you want to learn something new, so must access and feel the output, but i can't think social networking websites gives you real visitor that boost your business!

allenlinkmaster, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  6. fbwebmaster

fbwebmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info, i didn't knew about toplinked... just joined .. i do have a lnkdin prof ... and i like the fact that they have opt to make the platform only suited for business ppl and marketers

fbwebmaster, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  7. webmasterstanley

webmasterstanley Guest

Best Answers:
    i dont think social netwrkng sites..boost ur traffic...
    thats a myth as for my side..
    and i was surfing the net..i come to knw this article by sum good seo expert..
    accidently i dont hav the link for the article now..

webmasterstanley, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  8. zippy1nut

zippy1nut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend LinkedIn as well, great professional networking hangout. Also I think you have to be invited, or use to be.

zippy1nut, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  9. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Well, as Stanley says...these social networking sites won't boost your traffic but WILL indeed get you work....if that's what you seel....so LinkedIn has turned out well for me in that area.But keep in mind, they have sub groups that allow you to join, based on your interests....so if you are a writer, there is a writers group or more defined, "editor" or "copy-writing" groups where those associations may have forums that allow you to post free ads on. So it is something whereby you need to sit down and sort though and actually decide and decipher all the info that is offered.

dinrock, Oct 21, 2009 IP