1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is LLC with DBA two businesses or one?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by flyingSquirrel, Feb 6, 2015.

My future plans for business:
    Blog website eventually selling ebooks, tutorials, having affiliate marketing income etc
    Personal portfolio site selling fine art photo prints and products

Blog and personal site will each have their own name and branding.

My plan is to use my personal site as the main company named under an LLC. Can I create a DBA for the blog site brand and name, but run both of these sites under the single LLC business? Or does DBA automatically create a new business? (meaning I have to keep all records separate and pay taxes separate?) Any clarification would be appreciated. Thank you

flyingSquirrel, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    From a tax perspective, you can file all income and taxes via the corporation, which is the owner of the DBA. You should set up a separate bank sub-account for the DBA and track the businesses separately, not so much from a tax perspective as for giving you a better understanding of what each business is doing. But it can roll up into one income statement and balance sheet for tax purposes

jrbiz, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  3. flyingSquirrel

flyingSquirrel Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your answer. Very clear and very helpful!

flyingSquirrel, Feb 7, 2015 IP