1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is my blog a company?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by thinkcrush, Dec 26, 2012.

I have a blog. I also provide a service (for free). I want to put up an affiliate advertisement.

The advertiser wants to know what my company is called.

Is my website/blog a company?

I live in Canada. Am i supposed to register my blog? Can I do this later?

I'm a complete novice. If you think there's anything i need to know, im listening :)

thinkcrush, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  2. thinkcrush

thinkcrush Peon

Best Answers:
    yes or no answer would be good

thinkcrush, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    a blog or website is not considered a company, you can list your company info on your website or blog.
    In terms you may understand, Microsoft is the company, microsoft.com is their website, so the website
    itself is not the company, they may list company info, products, and services on their website....

I am not sure about Canada, but I know there are at least 1+ states within the US that capitalize on
    blogs and or websites, meaning our govt can not control their spending, so their thinking is, if you can
    afford to buy a host/blog/site, then you can afford to pay a fee/tax on having that site....

I think if the US Govt ever does this nationwide, then i bet 95%+ sites would go inactive overnight....
    not only that domain registrations would decline thus putting those registration sites out of business...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    dscurlock, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  4. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is, no.

James Byun, Jan 2, 2013 IP