1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is MySpace any good for business

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Lanarkshire IT Services, Mar 22, 2010.

Hi All

I run a small IT Support company and I am in the process of investigating social networks.

I have written a few articles etc and wondered if MySpace was a good social network platform for this.

Any info appreciated.

Regards

Lanarkshire IT Services, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  2. advertise

advertise Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, dealing with social network is like handling a double edged sword. MySpace, just like Facebook and Twitter are social media sites. And if you have not figured it out most of the people there are there to socialize. This is not to say you will not get good traffic from advertising there, you can. I think if you approach the use of social media with a set goal, and a determined mindset, you will not get enthralled in the socializing frenzy and can generate good results.

advertise, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  3. LocalWriteUps

LocalWriteUps Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting piece of advice. I never honestly heard it that way, but it makes 100% sense! :)

I think you can take it a step further by stating that some social networks have better purposes than others, in terms of niche market your business is in, as well as functionality. Twitter is good for spewing out links and random updates. Facebook is good for branding.

Myspace, I feel, is good now only for getting followers, and even at that it is becoming weaker by the day. Myspace was the place for small businesses, but now Facebook has clearly taken dominance in that regard. However, myspace is still great for art-related businesses (bands, graphic designers, etc.).

LocalWriteUps, Mar 22, 2010 IP