1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SEO Dead? SEO vs Social Media

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by iNET SEO, Dec 2, 2009.

1. nasiransari

nasiransari Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO cant dead just use ur sense and better use of onsite and offsite optimization on ur site. Google will obviously rank ur site.

nasiransari, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  2. mdvonline

mdvonline Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are a must in success, do both!!!!

mdvonline, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  3. socialpark

socialpark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO is not dead, both SEO and SMM will continue to co-exist in their own separate realms for quite a while. SEO is keyword focused while SMM is contact, interest, attention span, etc... focused. They both have their respective places and importance. Targeting also differs significantly from one to another. It is always wise to engage multitude of channels rather then just a single one.

socialpark, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  4. andrewcy2004

andrewcy2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    none are going ahead of the other. both seo and social media are hot and high in demand. Some people have the assumption that is easy to program in seo. Although in theory it looks easy, in reality is not. When you deal with SEO you need to be capable and expertise with the latest algorithm updates and seo tips to be able to keep up and not violate any search engine rules. Social Media sites on the other hand are easier and less cost effective to deal with. I am not defending seo or trying to dump social media marketing as a marketer myself, i am forced to work on both myself but its just the truth reality that a very few people know

andrewcy2004, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  5. rishabhverma

rishabhverma Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel presently SEO has not lost its importance completely, but to a certain extent yes. Remember, google can't die overnight, but yes slowly and steadily social media is gaining more and more importance and eventually when the semantics are actually implemented to the fullest, SEO will loose its importance because then the webpages will be ranked on a totally different method. Thus you can't think of SEO loosing its importance until and unless a totally new protocol is developed to replace http or semantics are implemented to the fullest.

rishabhverma, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  6. GameFriends.com

GameFriends.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Whether it's Google or another Search type business, they need to rely on Onpage Meta data as well as backlinks to determine a websites relevancy and authority. Since we know this to be true, until those 2 basic principles change SEO is here for quite a long time. SEM is a very important element though and both have overlapping synergies which benefit both efforts.

GameFriends.com, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  7. taminder

taminder Peon

Best Answers:
    do people still use Google? ask yourself that and you'll find your answer.

taminder, Dec 6, 2009 IP