1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Social Media worthless?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Jake The Competition Man, Mar 17, 2015.

1. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    search engine counts social media exposure. Its one of the more than 200 factors google uses to rand your site.
    So be real and keep the quality work up on you site and social media at the same time.

lucky ali, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  2. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    Even your message here is a part of social media existence :) Of course Social Media works! For sales, marketing, promotion and so on.

Alex Byhovtsov, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  3. cevirisozluk

cevirisozluk Active Member

Best Answers:
    social media is not worthless, but your media is your website; never forget this!
    and be careful about the time you spend there to promote your website rather than in your own website!
    hire 'social' others to do the job for you.. people love posting...

cevirisozluk, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  4. Simply Compelling

Simply Compelling Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people seem to not understand that social media is about finding your target market and taking part in that community. It isn't just spamming facebook, twitter, and whatever other site you use. I find that different sites are good for different things. I almost always use Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, and StumbleUpon now. Those sites are just easy page views and easy links. If you are going to use Facebook and Twitter, you really have to commit to it to make it worth it. By that, I mean you need to take part everyday, try to network, and spend some money on marketing.

Simply Compelling, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  5. leaserates

leaserates Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Our social media sites have driven a lot of traffic to our personal site

leaserates, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  6. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that if you're not using social media, you're cutting yourself short.

mentat47, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  7. lilysmith

lilysmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On which basis we say that social media is worthless, its not.... Social media gives marketers a voice and a way to communicate with peers, customers and potential consumers. It personalizes the "brand" and helps you to spread your message in a relaxed and conversational way. But the foremost think you should focus is your niche and how smartly you share your voice.

lilysmith, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  8. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely social media is one of the sources of large traffic for your website. The proof that you have posted a thread here and getting responses to your post means it's very effective at getting traffic.

Benpick, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  9. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    Social media if used well can be a very effective and handy marketing tool. With millions of users actively using these platforms these days, what better way to reach out to them than these avenues. Having said that, most number of followers on twitter or maximum number of likes on FB doesn't ensure results. The users who follow or like pages should be genuinely interested in your products/services to make an impact.

Andy-Jones, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  10. huntstopper

huntstopper Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely not! We already know how things turns out when it gets viral, that's how effective social media is. You just have to know the right way and work it out effectively.

huntstopper, Jul 12, 2015 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing is all about strategy and social media sites are just tools we used to reach out to our target market.
    So yes, social media works but with a good marketing strategy.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 12, 2015 IP
  12. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The most of the traffic coming to my site is coming from social networks. So, no, they're not worthless. On the contrary, they're necessary.

cwvps1, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  13. majamkd

majamkd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media happens to be useful to some people or companies, depending on the industry they are in. There are also other factors which influence, timing is really important .there is a difference are you doing paid advertising or trying to create awareness about your brand and get more followers depending on your plan., try not to pick a random company that says they are social media experts, most of them may lie to you they don’t know what they are doing. Because social media is so new,, I believe taht will be a shift in the way people use it and understanding how it works and what the purpose of it is.

majamkd, Jul 18, 2015 IP
  14. Anuradha Rao

Anuradha Rao Active Member

Best Answers:
    Saying social media is worthless is like saying potential customers, referrals and word-of-mouth publicity is worthless.

Women in India are carrying out their entire business via their Facebook pages, even though there is no buy button yet. Read more here -

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/facebook-buy-button-get-lots-love-clicks-from-indian-women-rao?published=u

Anuradha Rao, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  15. Salman Najeeb

Salman Najeeb Member

Best Answers:
    social media helps you to earn money

Salman Najeeb, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  16. WPCarer

WPCarer Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that if social media is your only marketing strategy, then things probably won't go well! However, using Facebook and Twitter to interact and engage with your customers and others in your industry can be very beneficial for creating a good brand image.

WPCarer, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  17. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Social media has a proven impact on marketing and brand promotion, but we must not set aside its functionality on social campaigns and fast information dissemination whenever it is needed.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Sep 10, 2015 IP
  18. hafilali

hafilali Member

Best Answers:
    i do not know the complete knowledge about it....

hafilali, Sep 11, 2015 IP
  19. Inung Personal

Inung Personal Active Member

Best Answers:
    imagine that social media like a BIG MARKET..!!

Inung Personal, Sep 12, 2015 IP
  20. yanina857

yanina857 Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it works, but in my opinion before the begining you should determine with your aims and then choose which of the SM are more suitable for working with. I think there are 3 main criteria according to which we should choose the right sm channel:
    1. Your geografical position (some sm are more popular in one country and less in the other: for example vk.com is a good platform for CIS companies)
    2. Your target audience (I mean the average age of users. it`s easy to find the statistics about the audience of each social network in the global network)
    3. Your market (B2B or B2C) Some platforms can give you followers but not customers.

yanina857, Sep 24, 2015 IP