1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the coupon business saturated now or just starting

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Peoney, May 11, 2011.

What do you say about the coupon and deals business, is it saturated now or just blooming?

If it is not saturated yet, do you think it will be in he next few month or years?

So do you think it requires more time and effort to do this business than ordinary affiliate business? Because you have to post coupons and deals regularly unless you use a company that automates the coupons posting and pay a huge monthly fee for that.

I am planning to start a coupon and deal site, I need an advice from you guys Thank you i appreciate it.

Peoney, May 11, 2011 IP
  2. Keiser

Keiser Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not saturated, you just need to rank on page 1, because people looking for coupons are usually in a rush and are click happy.

Keiser, May 12, 2011 IP
  3. djpoint

djpoint Peon

Best Answers:
    And apart from ranking high in SERPS you need to differentiate yourself from other similar sites and businesses in order to attract more visitors to your site. And be ready for some hard work.

djpoint, May 13, 2011 IP
  4. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where did you learn this? It seems counter-intuitive to me. I would think that people willing to take the time to hunt down coupons, would typically browse deeper into search results looking for the "best" deal. My guess is based on having a miser of a father, and plenty of thrifty friends/acquaintances.

joebert, May 13, 2011 IP
  5. WordyDivas

WordyDivas Peon

Best Answers:
    Coupons are still popular, especially now that more people are learning about extreme couponing. I think the key is working to provide quality coupons on a website that is easy to navigate and appealing to the target audience.

WordyDivas, May 13, 2011 IP
  6. Peoney

Peoney Member

Best Answers:
    Yes if there is a store list and category list, then the types of deals and coupons would be easier to navigate. I think it is better to keep it simple and straightforward that way the coupon and deals will stand out instead of many clutters. Surely this is hardwork. There must be a way to automate it without having to pay high monthly fees.
    Do anyone of you know any couponfeed that automatically remove expired feeds and have a reasonable fees?

Peoney, May 13, 2011 IP
  7. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Though market ... but if you have money/time/skills go for it
    The desire is huge for coupons ...

w3bmaster, May 14, 2011 IP
  8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's no such thing as a 'saturated' market. You just can't complete because the competition they have more resources than you at their disposal that's it. You've got to ask yourself how come they can do it but you can't. With the right people and the right amount of cash you can move into any market.

Seqqa, May 14, 2011 IP
  9. bnathan

bnathan Peon

Best Answers:
    It's actually easy to enter the coupons market - you could focus on new and upcoming products, for example, there's thousands of them in all niches. But once you get to a certain income level (usually a couple thousand dollars per month), it becomes hard to increase it further...

bnathan, May 15, 2011 IP
  10. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not saturated, but it's going to be pretty hard to (realistically) compete with companies like Groupon.

digitalpoint, May 15, 2011 IP
  11. Keiser

Keiser Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is your experience with registering domain names something like "taco bell coupons . com" ? Are there any trademark issues there? Those types of key words are highly searched.

Keiser, May 15, 2011 IP
  12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Of course there are trademark issues. Taco Bell is a trademark owned by a company.

digitalpoint, May 15, 2011 IP
  13. Keiser

Keiser Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because you see thousands of domains out there and there aren't any issues it appears. And you aren't in any competition with that trademark if you are just offering coupons.

Keiser, May 15, 2011 IP
  14. Connan009

Connan009 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah no have much competion but for make this project u need a team for the proyect are make a good investments for marketing, campaings, webpage,etc

Connan009, May 17, 2011 IP
  15. maruxz

maruxz Peon

Best Answers:
    Saturated? The discount coupons has been delivered to everyones post box with all the leaflets years ago. Then nobody even bothered discussing it as it was considered a garbage. Now the coupons changed their form and became digital. I think that this market will never be saturated, because people love big discounts. All they hate is long row to use that coupon :)

maruxz, May 17, 2011 IP
  16. Peoney

Peoney Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with that. Lots of cash for advertisements do make a difference. But sometimes just to be in the right place at the right time can also makes a difference, for example your website style (easy to navigate is one) or the color, the domain name, or something you do in the social media that went viral and expose your website to millions. Or simply that you have a way of making each person like you and your website.

Peoney, May 20, 2011 IP
  17. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my opinion the market just started ( on the net ). It was for a long time via newspapers etc ... but now is moving on the net. Lot's of firms having discount ... big evolving marketing.
    Also consider that every body like a bargain ... so it will last for a while.

aditd, May 23, 2011 IP
  18. Peoney

Peoney Member

Best Answers:
    I would be very thankful if i can make it to a couple of thousand level income. But apart from advertisement the website itself should have great collections of coupons. It is also best if the website is a combination of all kinds of deals including local deals, if can integrate groupon deals and many other local deals witd he same functions such as timers, the website would be a smash hit. And also it is easier to advertise if the website has great contents.

Peoney, Nov 10, 2011 IP