1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the "WP E-commerce" plug in any good?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by breakaway, Aug 4, 2008.

Has anyone ever tried it? How does it compare to things like zencart etc

breakaway, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  2. nadiax

nadiax Banned

Best Answers:
    I try many e-commerce plugins of wordpress...
    There are some bugs...
    and it seem like not many people use wordpress for making e-commerce site...
    Most of them use something like oscommerce, shopscript, some great ecommerce (but not free) eg. Click Cart Pro (here is exmaple site that use CCP; Thailand Handicraft Products, etc.
    However maybe you try to search some full function ecommerce that provide plugin to intergrate into wordpress might be better than find out some wp-ecommerce plugin.

Cheers ^ ^

nadiax, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  3. magicinthedesert

magicinthedesert Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used the WP E-commerce plugin and it was good. There are a few bugs, but the forums are really helpful. The backend management area really allows you to customize your store, and takes you through a lot of options. While setting it up is a breeze, customizing the look is a little harder. The tutorials for this are pretty hard to figure out if you're not really a coder, so you might need to hire someone to dress up the look. I haven't tried zencart yet, but from looking at it, it's going to require some integration with a cms, and it looks like a lot more work than installing WordPress and the WP E-commerce plugin.

magicinthedesert, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  4. gingerbreadweb

gingerbreadweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recently purchased WP e-commerce and so far I'm finding it very buggy and frustrating. In addition to the initial cost of purchasing it, I'm also going to have to spend a lot of money on hiring people to fix / customise various things, so it's proving to be very expensive. Having said that the live examples I've seen do look very impressive so hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

gingerbreadweb, Aug 12, 2008 IP