1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a better way of doing things.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by gavinoz, May 8, 2006.

I've written a lot of text files for a website I'm planning to build. All the files areas saved as Word documents. I will be using Drupal CMS on my site so what I am planning on doing is taking the text from these word documents, editting the HTML in Dreamweaver and then copying the code and pasting it into Drupal.

Is there a better way? Opening each file, moving the text to dreamweaver, editting it then saving it as a txt file before pasting it into drupal seems to involve a several steps which I will be repeating over and over. Anyone have suggestions on speeding this process up or is this the only way?

Thanks

Gavin

gavinoz, May 8, 2006 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is a way to import MS word docs into Dreamweaver - check out the Dreamweaver help file, there should be something in there.

Its not the best solution but it should cut down the number of steps you need to take.

Good Luck.

cormac, May 8, 2006 IP
  3. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    depends on if you care about all the garbage MS Word uses in it's markup..
    if you don't, first thing i would try is just cut & paste it into the WYSIWYG editor.

if you do, dunno - maybe Tidy can clean it up.

natsirtm, May 12, 2006 IP
  4. gavinoz

gavinoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. I'm not a programmer but I don't like all the rubbish that comes when you cut and paste from a word file.

I'll be cleaning it up for now but I think I might just use notepad to write the text in from here on in.

Thanks again

gavinoz, May 15, 2006 IP
  5. picobello

picobello Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know a great tool which would be able to generate a full html website starting from a directory structure having image and text files inside the folders? Fully featured web site with links between pages, left menu, etc A Kind of smart gallery generator?

If you know such a tool, please tell me its name - Thanks

picobello, May 15, 2006 IP