1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a CMS that can "add-on" to an Existing Website?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jj1, Feb 17, 2009.

Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a CMS that will add on to an existing website - rather than having to create each website in that package?

We design our website using Microsoft Expression, which we're fairly happy with, but have clients who would like to have a news page (accessible from the main menu) which they could update themselves. Another client runs a restaurant and would like to be able to update their own menus.

Many thanks for any help.

jj1, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  2. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey dude.. its actually relatively easily to convert a html template in a joomla template...
    Have a look in my sig for a coder to do this if you havent used Joomla but should be handy enough!

Tom Thumb, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  3. engadven

engadven Peon

Best Answers:
    Surely any CMS will do this provided you can apply your own template, which most do.
    I would suggest just a small CMS for a quick addition rather than one of the larger, well known ones.
    However it would probably make more sense to build the whole site with a good CMS in the first place.

engadven, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  4. eclipsemedia

eclipsemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    You can add any CMS to a current website. Its the question do you want to have some of the site Content Managed or do you want all Content Managed. As Tom said. Joomla templating is really easy. Well that all depends on your knowledge of PHP and HTML.

eclipsemedia, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  5. PowerZ

PowerZ Peon

Best Answers:
    You can adapt any design to a CMS template.

PowerZ, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  6. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many thanks for your replies - I had gathered from reading other forum postings that you could not add-on CMS to an existing site so this seems more encouraging.

Could you recommend an easy to use CMS?

I 'm familiar with HTML but not PHP - do you need PHP for Joomla? Are there any CMS that don't need knowledge of PHP?

jj1, Feb 19, 2009 IP