1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a social network like this? (part 3)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by RadioRadio, Apr 28, 2008.

Hi. I made a mockup of what a social network should really look like. I spent hours and hours searching and looking at other social networks. They look all the same... mostly cookie cutter with the networks that wants you to "upload photo", a lot of RL information, and want to meet other people in real life.

Well guess what, I come from a background where internet was like the glory days back in the early 00s.

I actually came up with a mockup:
    http://home.graffiti.net/tonofheads/profilemockup.html

Here are the sites that came close to what I wanted.
    ClaimID - The contact list sounds like a good replacement the FOAF thing. But it's missing one thing which is tags. Things that interest you by the comma.

MeVu - It's missing The tag and the social API feature but it has a real good idea.

My idea of a social network would be have a very simple layout.. very little or no graphic(except for the user's avatar which can be their art or their rl photo... anything). Something about where you live on the internet and what types of things you do. Like do you create, play games, or just socialize in real life?

no more time for me to type.

RadioRadio, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  2. babadorie

babadorie Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea what you are trying to do. I checked your mocked site.

babadorie, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  3. MagicMan2008

MagicMan2008 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a social networking site, I used Dragonfly CMS, it has a lot of plugins, and even has a Link Engine Optimization (mod rewrite) feature.

MagicMan2008, Apr 29, 2008 IP