1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any car api's?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sm9ai, Apr 27, 2010.

Hi

Does anyone know if there are any car APIs available?

Essentially something where I could pass the make and model and get back a description plus some keyfacts about the vehicle?

Thanks

sm9ai, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  2. Rian

Rian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not as far as I know, but why dont you just by a vehicle specs database?

Rian, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  3. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are based in the UK then the DVLA have an API where you can get some basic facts on a vehicle - type, colour, engine size, etc. Other companies do have more comprehensive facilities where the reg details and the return from the DVLA API then gives then the information needed to access a spare-parts databases for all vehicles - from brake pads, to clutches, to engines, to body panels.

We have an involvement in running the online ordering system for vehicle spare parts for a large UK chain that replaces tyre, batteries, brakes, and exhausts, the spare parts ordering system for a large national breakdown company, and the online ordering systems for a lot of other vehicle factors. If you PM me some details of what it is you are looking for I can pass it on the developers to see if they would be interested in working with you. Even if they can't help you directly they may be able to point you in the direction of where you can get the type of information you are looking for.

RonBrown, Apr 29, 2010 IP