1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any demand for coffee / tea in your area?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mrforum, Aug 12, 2016.

Hi,

I am looking to open an online store for selling coffee (beans/powder) and tea, which will be shipped from South Asia.

If you see any demand in your area please PM me.

Best regards

mrforum, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  2. Anton Y

Anton Y Member

Best Answers:
    not really, here inn the uk we have a company called ringtons who come round door to door and tbh tea and coffee is very cheap in the uk compared to shipping from asia

Anton Y, Aug 13, 2016 IP
  3. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure about UK, but i heard that there is demand in US. Thanks for your reply !

mrforum, Aug 13, 2016 IP
  4. Anton Y

Anton Y Member

Best Answers:
    your welcome m8

Anton Y, Aug 13, 2016 IP
  5. imnathanjames

imnathanjames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Coffee and tea is huge in the Uk.
    I am a tea drinker, i hate coffee.
    Now, Anton mentioned ringtons. I personally have never heard of them. But i live in south wales so it may be an area thing. If this is something you want to get into maybe a subscription service would be a good idea.
    People pay set amount each month and you send them a gift box of various tea and coffees. Many people use shopify for this method.

Hope this helps
    Good luck

imnathanjames, Aug 16, 2016 IP
    mrforum likes this.
  6. mrforum

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing it here!

mrforum, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here in the U.S., there is a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts on every corner, so the demand for coffee is obviously HUGE. Personally, I am a tea drinker and there are a lot of us, too, but nowhere near as many as there are coffee drinkers. When the people I know are not buying coffee from a shop that makes it for them, they are likely using a Keurig machine to make their own at home, these days. So, if I wanted to sell coffee or tea here, I would be thinking about putting the product into standard K Cups for use in Keurig or other such machines.

jrbiz, Aug 16, 2016 IP
    billzo likes this.
  8. mrforum

Best Answers:
    well, my partner who lives in US & me planned of selling raw coffee beans , so that they can roast it at homes

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    mrforum, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We have cafes that roast their own beans and the stench is revolting. Why would you do that in your own home?
    But the cafes that did it well have become big businesses and now sell to other cafes so it's worth exploring that path rather than directly to the consumer.

I don't drink either and when I need it I'm happy enough buying from the supermarket - instant coffee for the lawn mower man once a fortnight and tea bags for my husband.

Some of my friends have got those pod things at home, and some used to have espresso machines but I think everyone just gets coffee when they go out now.
    FWIW Starbucks is big here in NZ but they don't sell real coffee - it's more like a liquid confectionery with fancy syrups and stuff. I'm not sure who their clientele is, nobody I know.

sarahk, Aug 16, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. mrforum

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, i have no idea about the demand there, but my partner who lives in New York said there is a huge demand and we can sell raw beans. I am not sure if his claim is not so true.

mrforum, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  11. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you ask me, it's a brilliant idea. In fact, you're going to hit a niche here. Other than that, in order to target your customers, the best thing you can do is check those platforms where your targeted customers are already present. For example, Amazon or raw coffee beans niche websites/blogs.

Contact your targeted customers, tell them about your brand and why you're different than the others, and offer them something as a free gift too - like anything which can promote you or your brand. This will boost your effort. Rather than waiting for the customers, go after the customers; find them, contact them, and sell them.

billll, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL...I hate the taste of coffee, but if it tasted as good as it smelled, I would be a heavy drinker. I live in a town near to a commercial coffee maker (Araban) that regularly roasts coffee beans. For a while, my nightly commute home on the highway took me close enough to their factory that I could smell the roasting coffee beans and it was a great smell. Not as good as the smell that I would get from the bread factory on my way out to the company parking lot at another job from many years ago, but pretty good, nonetheless.

jrbiz, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  13. StSignal

StSignal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You will have good traffic in UK lol :D

StSignal, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  14. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We have huge demand for home-made tea & coffee and ingredients used in them, I would like to know how we collaborate as people buy fresh launched brands also here.

jaguar34, Aug 18, 2016 IP