1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is This a Good Letter for Local Papers?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by technolochic, Mar 28, 2010.

Hello everyone!

I am just about finished with my new site, http://dealcanine.com (except for the front slider)! What do you all think so far? (It may load a bit slowly for flash content).

I really would like to take the initiative to make this site grow. One of the first steps I am trying to take is to try and get an article published in some of the local papers I have in my area.

Here is a letter I am going to send some publishers. Could some of you approve or give me some suggestions on how to edit my letter in order to grab the attention of the publisher?

Dear (insert publication here),
    My name is (my name goes here). I am a young, high school (my state) resident who just launched a website named www.dealcanine.com.
    For quite a while, I have noticed scores of people in today’s economy trying to cut back on spending. I too, have cut back in order to save money. Before long, I will be a college student in the near future; so saving financially for myself is crucial at this point in time. In turn, not only did I believe bargain hunting would be beneficial for myself, but it would be beneficial help others with bargain hunting as well.
    My inspiration for this website came to me a couple months ago. I am passionate about creating websites and learning more about the web world. Therefore, I put my financial concerns and website knowledge together into one idea and produced Deal Canine.
    My site is geared towards those who want to seek the best deals on products and services they love without splurging and hurting their wallets. My site provides viewers with a daily deal, coupons, freebies, bargains, and other incentives. I have made a substantial effort to exclusively team up with merchants such as Amazon, KMart, Best Buy, and other popular providers to provide people with products and services with exclusive deals they would not be able to find anywhere else.
    To date, I am still consistently developing my site to provide people with the best service as possible. On a daily basis, I have been adding more features to increase the functionality and usefulness of this site.
    Overall, my main reason for contacting you is if it is possible to publish an article about my new site in which I would like to offer the community. Additionally, I am more than welcome to provide people with some excellent money saving tips to further expand their money saving knowledge.
    Is it feasible to be able to meet with you for an interview to create a well-rounded article soon for (insert publication here)?
    If I do not hear back from you, I will be delighted to get in touch with you again within another week.
    Thank you for your time and consideration. It is greatly appreciated.
    I look forward to hear from you soon!

Yours truly,

(my first and last name)
    (my hometown and state goes here)

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
    I'm just in the learning stages of promotion and I know I am young, but I am willing to learn because I have such a passion to learn about marketing, web creation, and other promotional tactics.

Thank you! :D

P.S. I have some parentheses for information included in my letter in order to take some safety precautions on the web.

technolochic, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  2. subtle

subtle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would not provide them with information about how old you are, plans to go to college etc. This may discourage them to purchase from your site as most consumers want reassurance, which means someone with experience and extended credentials. As your website focus's on good value, draw a large focus on that. Purhaps include some of your current deals?

Hope this helps, good luck

subtle, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  3. Sneakyfeet

Sneakyfeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep all personal info low - - and make it sound like (by not mentioning it isn't) your business is already huge!
    Good luck and way to branch out!

Sneakyfeet, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  4. technolochic

technolochic Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all of your input. I will definitely take all of your advice! :)
    I have also revamped my site to give it a cleaner look. I am still improving it, so it's not complete quite yet. But it's coming along!
    Any other advice is appreciated.

technolochic, Apr 1, 2010 IP