1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this config OK for my project?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by aleiderman, Sep 11, 2006.

Hi, thanks in advance for your replies. :)

I'm currently defining the product solutions for my project, basically it's a link directory with thumbnails, categorized views, with paid and free submission in it, I would also like to implement a blog and a forum in the whole website.

I was leaning towards using Joomla as the CMS, with OPENSEFand MOSETS TREE for the directory component, then add a forum component and a blog component found in the extensions site of joomla.

My question is, is this configuration Ok, or maybe there's an easier set of products to use, I've heard of PHP Directory Link (PHPDL), seen some templates, but don't know yet if this would be better than joomla+mosets.

Let me know what you think.

AL

aleiderman, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's a great config for one integrated solution

you may have greater flexibility with separate tools though

frankcow, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  3. aleiderman

aleiderman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx for the reply, Was looking everywhere, forums, google, etc. and did not find a solution for an issue with mosets tree, does anyone have any expertise in this product that could lend me a hand with it.

Thx in advance

aleiderman, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. ifyn

ifyn Peon

Best Answers:
    I have developed multiple Joomla based sites, my only question is does opensef support Mosets tree? I have seen problems with that, sorry I cannot post a link yet, but if you google for "opensef mosets tree" you will see the first link that addresses the problem.

ifyn, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  5. aleiderman

aleiderman Peon

Best Answers:
    The issue at hand is trying to make a categories menu in the left module of joomla, that acts the same way as the one in extensions.joomla.com, I have checked mod_mt_categories, mod_mt_dtree, and mod_mt_browse, but can't copy the same functionality.

The categories menu I want has to be expandable once in a specific category, only mod_mt_browse does this but with a javascript emulating a tree with expandable boxes, if someone can go check the categories menu at extensions.joomla.com and tell me how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

6. ifyn

ifyn Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of modules available at mosets.com/tree/modules/ The one used in joomla site I think is static categories.

ifyn, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  7. aleiderman

aleiderman Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I'm sure it's static cats, but notice that when you choose a Category in that module, when the page reloads, that module now shows the same cats, but the active cat with it's subcategories, havent figured out how though

Thx for your help:)

8. aleiderman

aleiderman Peon

Best Answers:
    Figured out the issue, I have mosets tree v 1.5.5, the newest version 1.5.9 has that module developed, its called mod_mt_categories_expandable.

Now I just have to find the email from wich I made the purchase of the license to get a free upgrade.. if not another 100$ :(

9. ifyn

ifyn Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you figured out! Good luck with the search.

ifyn, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  10. aleiderman

aleiderman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your support. :)