1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this considered site flipping? Looking to sell my digital marketing company and leads?(Not An Ad!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Allen Thorson, Oct 1, 2013.

Hey everyone. I hope no one kills me, if I posted this question in the wrong spot. However, I wanted to know if anyone had any advice on what my best course of action would be. I started reading these forums a while ago, and immediately starting placing my new found knowledge into actions. Fast forward to now, I have a pretty successful digital marketing/PRagency in NYC and now I'm looking to completely get rid of it (too much stress, plus I want to follow my dreams and open up a daycare). I'm not sure where I should attempt to sell it because it's such a grey area (not simply just a website, but all the leads, current clients, contracts, automated software, etc). I did place it on ebay and Craigslist but I'm not sure if it belongs on places such as Flippa? Any advice? I really appreciate it!

Allen Thorson, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    simple question, in any case there will be 1 question that will be asked from all the potential buyers.

1- how much money the site makes, what does it take to make money on the site, can they replicate it.
    i mean is the success of the site because of your own skills which are usually not replicable, and personal relationships with clients.

in other words, if you are not there, will they be able to make the same or better amount of money?

competent123, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  3. Allen Thorson

Allen Thorson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for answering me. The site is making between 4,000- 5,000 a month with very little work after expenses. It's just client generated content which is plugged into Hoot Suite. It has actually been completed for the next two months. We have an intern that is plugs in the information once a week and that's really it. So if I'm not there, yes they could make the same amount, if not more (there are contracts starting next month, same deal) as I do.

Allen Thorson, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  4. Entrephilia

Entrephilia Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just hire someone to manage the site. I doubt you'll be able to sell it for enough to substitute for the income it curretly generates. Just partner with someone with reasonable skills/experience to keep farming it and cut them in on % of profit.

Something generating monthly profits will be a benefit to you in whatever you get into next. If your site is up and running you should be able to hand it over to someone to manage for less than it is generating.

Entrephilia, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  5. ivoy

ivoy Member

Best Answers:
    Based on the information you provided, I can't think of a proper marketplace for your website without raising certain concerns. At first you state that the site causes you too much stress and stands in the way of pursuing your daycare dream (which I completely understand). However, in the next post you explain that all it takes is one day a week for an intern to make you $4-$5K, and "that's really it". There are a lot of online platforms where you'd be able to list your company(including this forum), but you'll have to be prepared to provide very detailed operational and revenue information. Also, it's impossible to completely answer your question without knowing at least two other factors: the attractiveness of your domain name as well as ... your asking price. Either way, I wish you all the best with this sale and, even more importantly, with your daycare :)

ivoy, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  6. Entrephilia

Entrephilia Peon

Best Answers:
    If your profit is $24k/year I'd assume you'll be in the $50k range. (LOTS of variables though!)

If you could hire someone for $2k/mo to manage it, you're going to make more. (if it's really a viable business) Unless your opportunity cost is higher. My guess is the ROI on your new venture is quite a bit lower, given that it's a start-up and there are a TON of unknowns. Probably continuing the existing revenue stream would be the best option (if you could delegate management)

Entrephilia, Oct 13, 2013 IP