1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this image manipulation possible!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by badger879, Dec 2, 2008.

Hello,
    Basically my band has an image which we would like to manipulate (the image is here)

I was wondering if it would be possible to extend the smoke into lettering without it looking too fake!

Cheers
    Max

badger879, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  2. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    haha as long as you have a skilled smoker and your band name consists of only 'O's I don't see why not ;)

In all reality: yes, it shouldn't be too hard for a hardcore photoshop artist to make, but in my opinion, it's a great shot but not a great quality shot you're dealing with.

I understand your band might not have the budget of U2 when it comes to photoshoots, but even my sister with an old 800$ camera can take shots that blow the quality of this one out of the water.

Before you invest any manpower or time into this this I would really hope you would take my (friendly) suggestion and find somebody who's sister or cousin or best friend does a little bit of photography on the side and just hang out with you and your band for an afternoon (and feed them pizza and whatever beverage is approriate for the consumption of pizza where you are) and get some great 'papparazi' styled shots of the band just sitting around, or walking down the street, leaning against the wall smoking like this.

This whole thing would look so much better if the source image was better, but it's certainly a sweet idea!

I wish you and your band all the best, and when you get the photos done make sure to post them here to show off! What style music does the band play?

innovati, Dec 2, 2008 IP
    badger879 likes this.
  3. badger879

badger879 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply!

we do have a photo shoot booked in the not so distance future for those kind of shots, and we will be force feeding them subway! ha

The image i have posted was taken on my 2mp camera phone, though tit was a good picture except for the quality of course.

I'll take up your suggestion and wait till we have our friend with a £900 camera :p to take pictures, and i will post them don't worry!!

Oh, and me play indie/rock with a bit of eltronica thrown in there :p

Cheers
    Max

badger879, Dec 2, 2008 IP