1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've given up on my news site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by newspanel, Oct 25, 2011.

I own a news site, the alexa ranking is around 230k.

For some reason, i just cannot attract enough organic visits for my liking.

My adsense account has recently been banned, and i just can't find any other ad platforms that pay decently to put on the site, i cannot afford to pay article writers as, i have no money, im in college and i'm just bored with it all.

For the last week and half - 2 weeks, most of my traffic is organic or direct, this is only because the site is listed in google news, if it wasn't i would only probably achieve around 100 - 200 visits a day without any promotion.

my earnings - shocking right

[​IMG]

The site has a page rank of 2, only 3 months old, should get a pr of 4 or above in the next pr update

and is listed on page one for words such as

latest news
    upcoming games
    latest games

and so on, can anyone tell me what do i need to do to achieve more visitors? The site has around 310 articles published to date.

I want to sell it now, but i feel like waiting until the next pr update/this time next year to get as much as i possibly can.

newspanel, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  2. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you think that your site are not profitable again, selling is a good choice. You can get a new project for building and develop some sites.

seocrusher, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  3. newspanel

newspanel Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm, it would be profitable if i could get into adsense

newspanel, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  4. syd430

syd430 Member

Best Answers:
    Listed on Google News? Would you be able to PM me with the URL? I might be interested in buying it if you were considering it.

syd430, Oct 26, 2011 IP