1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've got a Worm in my Linux Box

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mushroom, Mar 12, 2005.

Yes that's right I have a worm in one of my linux boxes and I don't know what to do with it.

It's an e-mail worm called "Worm.SomeFool.P".

How did I get this worm?
    Well I followed the instructions from my ISP, for some strange reason he likes to work on windows but uses FreeBSD for his servers.

Anyhow he asked me to FTP a certain file "z1" from his server to my machine then to e-mail it to him as an attachment.

Woops ........ his server would not accept my e-mail .. and I tried several times ..... some how this made him very happy.

It turns out he just installed ClamAV on his mail server to slow or stop the spread of windows e-mail viruses and needed me to test it for him as he could not.

NOW I have this little worm in my machine, it has done me no harm so I can't justify killing it,
    I can not send it back out in to the world to feed as all my e-mails get rejected,
    if I keep it it will starve as it can not feed in a Linux environment.
    So just what should I to do ?

mushroom, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Go on the linux forum and ask USAlug what to do, I hope you delete if from your box Mushroom for the sake of the internet users.

anthonycea, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  3. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    crazyhorse, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  4. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    Have already posted it at http://usalug.org under Linux Humor and Jokes even though the facts are 100% true, it is still a joke.

Viruses and Worms affect Linux users in that they consume bandwidth and affect the credibility of the net, so do all I can to neutralize them.

I had also mentioned to my ISP that will all the firewalls going up that the malware writers would be using e-mail as a means of infection even more, so he installed AV on his mail server.

mushroom, Mar 12, 2005 IP