1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Javascript CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ajithrindia, Aug 13, 2009.

Thats right. Might feel like a really stupid idea, but I think the results are pretty impressive. I have brought it into action in my blog (have launched it only recently, the entries are not that good, and haven't publicized it much yet):-
    http://www.ajithr.tk
    In my blog, I had made a separate HTML file for each post, and auto-generated the Header and Footer and Sidebar content through simple javascript.I was recently thinking of a much wider idea, having a better scope. I would like to describe my idea as follows :-
    >> Wordpress and Joomla and other CMSs use databases to store posts and other content, but I intend to use .js files. A post can be easily stored in a variable!
    >> Server side requirements would be "NIL". You don't have to set up the files in any way. Just use them the way you prefer to. There's no confusion.
    >> A lot of people are capable of spending on server space and domain names, but I think a good js cms will truly be a boon for those who are not capable of doing that.

As you may imagine, there are a few cons to this idea which I have tried to explain below, and I request ideas and suggestions from anyone to improve upon it:-

>> javascript is server-side. A user will have to download the file completely to view the contents of a page. So I thought of breaking up the .js files, with a file containing 10 posts each. A good cure, right?
    >> javascript as far as I know, cannot modify files. So, the "admin" of my js cms will have to manually edit the files, and I cannot provide an interface to make things easy. Please help me with this!!!

I know that the idea may sound "stupid" and "pointless" for those of you who can easily set up wordpress or drupal or joomla, I intend to support those who are NOT capable of doing that- those who depend on free hosting services.
    I would like to call my cms "poor man's cms" for that matter.
    The development of this project greatly depends on any responses you may have to offer. Kindly do tell me if you like this idea, clear any problems, or simply think that this idea is worthless!

ajithrindia, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  2. littleprayerbox

littleprayerbox Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello I wondered how far you got on this.. I'm needing a CMS solution similar to this. I design templates and custom pages for a service kind of like NING.. where I don't have access to the server.. but I can drop any kind of script i want in the header body footer and also call to my server if needed. But I wonder if your solution would work for something like this..If you think so shot me a mail and we can talk about developing this.. they also have a open API which I'm not that capable of understanding.

littleprayerbox, Sep 24, 2009 IP