1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jerry Springer - The Opera

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Weirfire, Jan 7, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Rupert Murdoch is the enemy of society, do a search on the following keywords and you will find out why his communist propaganda network must be defeated.

Fox News Republican propaganda

Rupert Murdoch propaganda media

You will find out that this guy is worse than any TV preacher preaching false beliefs and who is a false prophet himself.

Talk about the "prince of the power of the air" this guy is Satan personified.

anthonycea, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Then I hope it doesn't get "pulled" - I want to see this show now. If it doesn't get aired then I think it will generate a lot more interest from being "banned", "inapporpriate", "offensive" or "too controversial" then more people will see it than are worried about it at the moment

Pretty much and there's a "Freeview" set-top box for another one-off $100 that allows anyone to see the digitally broadcast channels. The BBC is a last bastion of public interest (whether they like, care, know it or not) and must be defended; a bit like Helm's Deep in "the Lord of the Rings" (couldn't resist that)

He really does want to take over the world and if he got his hands on the BBC, the British public's very own "crown jewels" we'd all be plugged into his manifesto. His newspapers aren't much better, either.

If "Jerry Springer - the Opera" fails to be aired on the BBC, then I reckon one of RM's Sky channels will be very quick to pick it up...

And for those of you interested in the storm that's brewing here check out the BBC's own report on Should BBC show Jerry Springer opera?

Lever, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  3. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Weir, chill. I know you find it offensive, indeed blasphemous, but your anger and the anger of others simply fuels the media frenzy. They're feeding on you man!! Imagine just how frustrated the producers would be if nobody said anything or even noticed! ;)

My license fees pay for all sorts of crap, most of which I never watch and have no desire to watch.

Maybe, just maybe, we would be better off in a world where one can be secure enough in one's convictions that even the offensive art of others is tolerable. If we just shrugged our shoulders and said "OK, a play where Jesus/Mohammed/Buddha(delete as necessary) is portrayed as gay/disabled/insane(delete as necessary). So what?" then the whole thing would just lose its power.

What would Jesus have done, I wonder?

Adam

Trance-formation, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So the gay community does this stuff for a reason, to make the practice acceptable to the general population, it is nothing more than propaganda and a publicity stunt.

The same can be said of gay pride parades and the other sorts of gay media, magazines and other things like websites.

If God does it then it is a good practice for all, this is what they wish you to believe, just another deception and lie that folks choose to live in falling for Satan's lies which most of the population dwells in daily without this realization.

Some folks know better and still do wrong, others are ignorant and do wrong, which is worse, the former.

Bottom line is this, God is right, all of mankind is wrong.

Listen, the Sun will rise everyday without fail, but none of us will be around to see it forever unless he allows you to.

5. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    And Mother Nature is bigger than God.

Lever, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh, the bible says that the Universe can not contain him, it really is a matter of if one believes him or fables.

7. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Matthew 21 : 12-13

12Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13“It is written,” he said to them, “ ‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’[a] but you are making it a ‘den of robbers.’”

As you can see Jesus was also a man of action.

Apparently there have been 15,000 complaints about this programme being shown. There has been a lot of crap on TV and usually I just turn it off but how will the BBC and anyone else know when stuff is causing offence if everyone just keeps quiet and doesnt watch it.

It has certainly received a lot more publicity because of it's theme but then people have also been more educated in what some of the core values are of Christians beliefs.

Weirfire, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  8. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I don't think they're 'targeting Christian beliefs'... it's just an expression.. In fact it's a comedy! With all the bad goings on in the world today it’s nothing more than a bit of light relief.

I haven't seen it but I have seen the original Jerry Springer Show (I thought it was funny too - if in poor taste) but some of the subject matter on that is surely as much an affront to good old fashioned Christian beliefs as anything the BBC will ever dare to show - and this is fictional, not happening in a trailer park down the road! Which must be of some comfort ;)

DangerMouse, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  9. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    If I remember correctly it was playing at the Cambridge theatre not in a synagogue.

I am sure he had a sense of humor too....

Well that guarentees a million extra people who otherwise would never have heard of it will watch to see what the noise is about :)

Let us know what happens.

- Michael

Michael, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  10. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Early hours update: Well, despite there being 15,000 or so complaints (the last 'biggie' was apparently against "The Last Temptation of Christ" at 1554) the show is still on schedule for showing on BBC2 at 10pm, this Saturday. The Beeb even have "Jerry Springer night" as their TV "pick of the day"

Lever, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot Lever, I am sure Weirfire is happy about the update :confused: :p

God have mercy son :)

12. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    I'll keep people posted as to what happens later. You never know, they could still pull the plug at the 11th hour... well, 10th hour to be precise ;)

Lever, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I just can't believe you guys are watching Springer in the UK. Don't you have shows featuring local losers :D

Blogmaster, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  14. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    We do have local losers, but it's good to get a snapshot of our language-speaking brethren across the water :D I wasn't in the slightest bit interested in "Jerry Springer the Opera" until the story of the controversy broke on Thursday...

It will be interesting to see what the expected and actual viewing figures are...

Lever, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  15. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    How horrible. I'm all for freedom of speech but to drag a people's god through the mud is one of the few things that still offends me these days. some people have nothing else to hold on to, you know...it's a poor choice for a homosexual message to be sure.

david_sakh, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You mean the ratings? Thru the roof due to the controversy I bet. best publicity they can have :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  17. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:

Never thought he was anything but :) I thought his response there was to usury, a social, exploitative injustice taking place in his father's house.

But never mind. I genuinely do wonder what Jesus' reaction to the Jerry Springer thing (and the homosexual play the other month) would have been. I don't know.

Last I heard was 40,000. Absolutely staggering. And I agree with the bit about education in core Christian values. Unfortunately, BBC executives are now receiving threatening calls since their personal home contact details have been disclosed on a web site. Last I looked, that didn't match any decent core values of any denomination :(

Trance-formation, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe a earthquake and tidal wave on the UK :confused:

anthonycea, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  19. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Whether this is correct or not, we don't know, but "The Telegraph" now quotes 50,000 complaints :eek:

And UK Christian News paid AdWords to get their page high in the search for "Jerry Springer Opera" where someone quotes
    Do I detect a hint of hypocrisy in that statement? What was Britain before its populace was converted to Christianity?

Approximately 25 million people pay for a GBP120.00 TV license for 24/7 coverage 365 days a year over numerous channels and 50,000 people complain about just 2 hours that they haven't even seen yet? Wow, how much does that cost? Something like 3 pence per person that complained for the entire 2 hour show and they want to burn and not pay their licenses?

Save lives, feed hungry kids, help prevent disease - they're far more important issues than someone "taking the piss" in a 2-hour show :)

Lever, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    We have the same controversy here in the states with the legalization of gay marriage, marriage was originally ordained by God between man and a woman but folks are going to fight it out and sue governments to gain the legal right for a man to marry a man then adopting a family of young kids and telling them that one is the father and the other the mother.

None of it does make sense, if folks want to have these rights and change the entire course of society and law and order established for thousands of years then it becomes something that divides nations and can become time and resource wasting for everyone.

I agree that there are larger issues that should be focused on like global warming, pollution, helping folks that can't help themselves, even watching nature shows and understanding how we are killing off nature and plant and animal species by our stupid management of resources.

anthonycea, Jan 8, 2005 IP