1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla or Drupal?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by The Stranger, Jul 5, 2011.

I am looking for a Content Management System for my proposed website. I am still undecided between Drupal and Joomla, however. From what I understand, Joomla seems to be more popular and easier to install. I have a feeling that Drupal might have more features, though. Ultimately, my website is going to collect information via forms and store them in a database. It might be transactional as well. I would appreciate any guidance backed by experience.

Thank you in advance.

The Stranger, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  2. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    joomla will be good for now i guess

no69_2007, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  3. The Stranger

The Stranger Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. As usual, I checked the various forums after I posted my question, and discovered that this subject has been broached before. There are a couple of stickies including references to a couple of articles and studies which I am now reviewing. It is not a straightforward answer it seems, and it depends on one's priorities. But you are correct in that Joomla has a faster learning curve and is more user friendly, so it is good to start with. Also if one uses Drupal, they might need some degree of experience in PHP coding.

The Stranger, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  4. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well that definately depends on your use as well.

no69_2007, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  5. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is more well than Drupal.

mygold, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  6. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site load speed of Joomla is always terrible in most websites I have seen till now. But Joomla is far more easier to install and administer for a CMS site compared to Drupal. In terms of easy of use wordpress >>>>>> Joomla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drupal

In terms of website speed wordpress >>>>>>>>>>>>> Drupal >>>>>>>> Joomla

And Joomla also does not have inbuilt SEO function and pretty permalinks and you need to install plugins for the same and they do not work the best always. Once a Joomla SEO plugin nearly broke my site though I fixed it soon. So, depends on your requirements.

waziuz, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  7. joe23

joe23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is complete crap with a tainted commercial community.

I don't think there is any thing wrong with WordPress, but it is more of a blogging platform than a complete CMS.

Drupal is the best. It has the most functionality out of the box. It does have a very steep learning curve. But once you "SPEND THE TIME TO MASTER IT" and get the full grasp of it and all the top modules, you can pretty much create any type of website.

You don't have to learn PHP to use Drupal. It is easy to install. Get a full grasp the modules CCK and Views. You can easy create your own personal theme for Drupal with the Zen theme and a little CSS knowledge.

joe23, Jul 6, 2011 IP