1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla or Wordpress ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by tehran_games, Jan 15, 2011.

Which one do you prefer Joomla or Wordpress and why ? help me in choosing my CMS for my new planned website.

My previous website was built by joomla, but now i think Wordpress is more popular and maybe better option, What's your idea ?

tehran_games, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  2. snails07

snails07 Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress for me! I used Joomla for one site that I built and didn't really enjoy the experience.
    WordPress, for me, is a lot more user friendly plus there is a heap more support, plugins and themes available.

snails07, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  3. nitinleew

nitinleew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know,Wordpress is easy to use.I prefer joomal

nitinleew, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  4. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress is easy to use, and you also can use many relevant plugins. They're all useful. Joomla is also a good CMS. Which is better depends on you need.

susan_ham, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  5. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    word press always .easy to use and have million of seo plug ins that help to increase the rank . http://www.gamezblog.net/ our word press blog getting 30,000 keywords impression every single day .

swiftsaves, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  6. 3BDesigns

3BDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is more secure then Joomla. Wordpress has built in updater for plugins and website Joomla does not.

3BDesigns, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  7. BreezeTR

BreezeTR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is complex, wordpress has many plugins and easy to use and google loves it.

BreezeTR, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  8. ecmcircle

ecmcircle Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    in my point of view ..you can use joomla better than word press. Its easy to manage and give better results in your websites.
    more over It contains many features ..
    thanks

ecmcircle, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  9. FloreaRoby

FloreaRoby Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also a wordpress user. I got used to it, and the plugins available make it (if not) one of the best platforms today.

FloreaRoby, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  10. rajvrmxx

rajvrmxx Banned

Best Answers:
    I would prefer Joomla, as i used wordpress, it didnt look more complicated and functional.

rajvrmxx, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  11. Guillo

Guillo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not a trained programmer, but I did manage a site at my old job and they had done it in Joomla. I didn't set it up, but I did run the backend and, though counter-intuitive at times, once you get used to it it is pretty easy to use.
    That said, I currently run a blog using WordPress and it's faster and easier... not to mention i managed to set it up myself! It's REALLY basic though. They both have their pross and cons... Joomla has some awsome modules and stuff and a huge developers community. So it all depends what it is that you want. Look around for sites that use one or the other and see which look more like the kind of thing you want.

Guillo, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  12. mstahiri

mstahiri Peon

Best Answers:
    i am using wordpress its very easy, i m not using joomla but hope soon i start to work on joomla then i comments more about joomla

mstahiri, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  13. sgboy8888

sgboy8888 Peon

Best Answers:
    It ve ry depend on waht you want 2 use . Wp is good for Seo anh faat . joomla deeper in design

sgboy8888, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  14. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    I vote for wordpress

KimiGermany, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  15. saqiseo

saqiseo Banned

Best Answers:
    I like Wordpress , because it is easy to use and have lot of themes and plugins .

saqiseo, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  16. Bullsaj

Bullsaj Member

Best Answers:
    WP - more user friendly, easier to install plugins, themes, etc...

Bullsaj, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  17. ukescuba

ukescuba Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people will say Wordpress, i think that really comes down to its learning curve and the fact there are so many good training resources for it - Joomla is an exceptional piece of kit once you tamed the beast!

However in fairness you are comparing oranges to apples - Joomla has much more flexibility and an extremely robust framework compared to that of Wordpress, but the main question will come down to what type of website are you looking to build and what type of goals are you expecting to see from it in the future... depending on your future plans you might actually be better of using Drupal!

For me you have Wordpress on the left for it being easy to use - then you have Drupal on the right for being overly robust and then you have joomla somewhere in the middle... remember you can run Wordpress within the Joomla framework however that cant be said for Wordpress...

On the issue of security, the main core is about as secure as any of the major players out erthere, just like Wordpress and Drupal security holes do get found just like they do in internet explorer and other well known scripts but in all instances they are patched usually pretty quickly, the biggest security issue you will find are poorly written plugins that do not follow the correct guidelines as well as leave gaping holes, but the exception doesnt just lie with Joomla, WP plugins also has the same issues.

Whichever you use it will certainly be quick than re-inventing the wheel! I personally have built 100's of sites using Joomla and make great money from it too - at the end of the day it goes down to what you want to do with your site, your level of coding expertise, and what works for you! :)

hth

Looking at some of the comments i do not know how people can say that installing an extension on Joomla is difficult its basically...

1) Top menu go to Extensions -> Install/Uninstall -> Browse (Select File) -> Install done...

Thats supposedly difficult?

Call me biased but i think the range of templates for Joomla are far superior to those of WP - it is only recently have i noticed that WP templates have started coming to close to what Joomla users have had access to for the past few years... saying that the Joomla template system is limitless since you can quiet easily develop your own - again its easy once you know how! :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    ukescuba, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  18. timmytoo

timmytoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest creating a "tester" wordpress blog for free hosted off wordpress.org. This way you can have a play with the backend without the hassle of having to set anything up! (or associated costs).

timmytoo, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  19. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    For easy customization, more widgets and plugins, wordpress is the best.

derrickschwan, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  20. Sadia Qaseem

Sadia Qaseem Peon

Best Answers:
    My vote for Wordpress as well,its much more easier to use than Joomla,even 4 a person who don't have any coding skills like me :p

Sadia Qaseem, Feb 1, 2011 IP