1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just a simple website question.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by rhosyngroup, Oct 24, 2011.

I am trying to create just a very simple website that my employees can log into (individually) and see their personal sales, etc. So basically they would go to www.example.com, login with their individual user/pass, and then it would direct them to a page which I will edit myself with information likes sales scores, history, and other sales related data. Pretty simple right? I would prefer to use wordpress or some other simple CMS but I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

rhosyngroup, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  2. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to use WP, you can do the same task. You need to have some coding ideas as all ready-made plugin as par your requirements are not available. You need some use-management plugins. Use the plugin that are approximate to your requirements and edit it to add some more functionality. Use some basic plugins like exec-php etc.

varindia, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  3. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    All you need to know is very good PHP for this task. You can turn wordpress to whatever you want, if you know PHP.
    I am a PHP developer. I can provide you professional service. You can contact me through PM if you want :)

тнє Sufi, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  4. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have to make customized website for this features.

OSSEO, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  5. rhosyngroup

rhosyngroup Member

Best Answers:
    So i ended up using wordpress..took a bit of tinkering but i finally got something that works...I'm using some plugins the first is to restrict pages to specific users, and the second redirects users to their specific page when they login...it might not be the simplest way of doing things...but i was able to achieve it my goal without editing php or building anything from scratch...this is a bit of a beta project of mine and i just needed something simple to test it for a few months before i go investing $$$ into building something professional

rhosyngroup, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  6. FactAboutStuff

FactAboutStuff Peon

Best Answers:
    if you want to create a free website.. you will have to go through these three very simple steps:

1)Web editing software -- if you know a little bit of programming, than you can create the website with your own or how can hire someone to outsource the codes for your website.

2)Domain Name - Domain Name is the name of your website e.g. something.com. So you have to register a Domain Name with any one of your Domain Registrar.

3)Web Host - Web Hosts are the companies which rent space on their web servers. So you need a web host to display your website for the whole world.

http://sites.google.com/site/factaboutstuff provides excellent learning resources for the people who are seeking information on how to create a website for free and how to make money from your website.

FactAboutStuff, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  7. indianseocompany

indianseocompany Peon

Best Answers:
    Customise your website through a good web developer.

indianseocompany, Nov 14, 2011 IP