1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just sold a site, what does this mean????

Discussion in 'General Business' started by God_is_faithful, Apr 18, 2011.

I just sold a site and the person messaged me with all this information:

Domain:
    IP:
    HasCgi:
    Username:
    Nameserver:
    Username:

etc etc.. What does all this mean? I messaged but he aint online. I was planning to just send the domain to him and email him the wordpress export file.. Is there a better way to send all the files, and it that what the info he send have to do with?

Also: I have to transfer the domain off another site onto GoDaddy.. am I best to transfer it to my godaddy account and then push it to his or is there a way to transfer it straight to his? I have his customer number and email.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
    God_is_faithful, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  2. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have mentioned free hosting in sales thread, then you have to give me account login details. If not just push the domain to user account in godaddy.

1) Zip all the files of the wordpress and download or ftp it to buyer server
    2) Download the database of that site using backup icon in cpanel
    3) Ask the user to add doman on his account and upload the zipped files of the wordpress.
    4) Create new database on buyer server and import site database using phpmyadmin.
    5) Open wp-config.php file and edit the correct database info.

Thats it transfer is finished. If you don't know to do this, i can do this for $5.

You can do anyone. First transfer the domain to your account and push OR Just provide him with EPP code and ask him submit transfer request from his account. Then Registrar will send confirmation email to domain admin email, just confirm it.

thank you

kiranheartbeats, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  3. God_is_faithful

God_is_faithful Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for that!

I didnt offer any free hosting, I just need to send the files and the domain.

Do you think that exporting a wordpress site covers everything?

If I FTP all the files into a zip, will that still function correctly when he FTPs it onto his own server?

God_is_faithful, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  4. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes , just compress all the files in site root to one zip file. Upload same zip to buyer server and extract it. Next import database as said above

kiranheartbeats, Apr 18, 2011 IP