1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Research For Noobs Guide!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by nickyj83, Jan 22, 2013.

Introduction

I keep seeing people asking how to do keyword research so I have decided to do a quick over-view on how I do my own keyword research.

There are many ways to do keyword research, but its all about what you find works for you, and all method works to a degree so don't be too worried.

METHOD STEP BY STEP

1) Go to Google and type in your main keyword.

[​IMG]

2) Press on your keyword and a new window should open with google and your keyword typed in it. Put your keywords in quotes and press enter, you should now see a figure, this number is showing you how many people are you competitors.

3/4) Put &start=990 to see how many pages google is showing with your keyword.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5) Insert intitle:"keyword" and press search to see how many of the competition have done on page SEO and have the keyword in the title on their page. (part of on page SEO).

[​IMG]

6) Insert inurl:"keyword" and press search to see how many of the competition have put the keyword in the URL. (this is part of on page SEO and helps alot for ranking)

7) Insert inurl:"keyword" inurl"keyword" and press search and you will see how many people have done proper SEO and are REAL competitors for your keyword.

[​IMG]

8) Lastly you want to go and see the PR and Age and links to see how tough the competition is for the real competition (on FIRST PAGE).

ALMOST DONE NOW....... ONLY 1 STEP LEFT......... GO AND TAKE ACTION AND FIND KEYWORDS UNTIL IT BECOMES 2ND NATURE TO YOU.

nickyj83, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  2. steveschmidt85

steveschmidt85 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is really good tutorial about the keyword research and it will help me to do better keyword research next time. I know this things but sometime I don't use them in keyword research process.

steveschmidt85, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  3. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great guide, very helpful little refreshere.

ninjamtlt1, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  4. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    Newbie guide! But thanks for putting them together!:)

VisionzZolution, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  5. eberly

eberly Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to me great post ............it will helps not only me but also others whose are really very new ..................

eberly, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  6. djordjije

djordjije Active Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate it as well. I am really new to this. Thank a lot!

djordjije, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  7. ztamim456

ztamim456 Peon

Best Answers:
    very nice.

ztamim456, Feb 23, 2013 IP