1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kindly Suggest (except vBulletin)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mujahidtaban, Jul 18, 2011.

Hello,

I have a vBulletin Forum Script for providing PDF books since three years. It is a good forum software BUT is not good for uploading and downloading of files because it lacks many uploading and downloading features which hurts me because I want to start premium memberships on my site.

I have searched a looooooooooooooot but I cant find any script/cms/blog/etc which could accomplish some features of what I need. I tried Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and some others but...

Requirements:
    I am going to start a new site which will have more than 800GB PDF files. I want to limit/restrict the bandwidth based on usergroups (e.g; Bronze, Silver, Gold). I dont want a user to become a Premium Member for a week and overload my server by downloading all 800GB within week.

After going through a lot, I have decided to ask here with the hope of getting suggestions.

mujahidtaban, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Like what?
    All your "Must" are very possible with vbulletin..

Brandon Sheley, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  3. mujahidtaban

mujahidtaban Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, all my "Must" are very possible with vbulletin. This is why I mentioned "(except vBulletin)" in the title. :p

The ONLY reason is that I am NOT happy with vB4. I was quite happy with vB3 BUT since I upgraded blah blah blah (same things discussed a lot at vBulletin.com Community Forums)

When I purchased vB, I loved it more than any other script BUT now I hate it a little.

mujahidtaban, Jul 18, 2011 IP