1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LAMP vs Joomla for SEO

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by lakelover339, Feb 11, 2011.

HI - I just got a ? From a potential SEO client. I know nothing of either Joomla nor LAMP.
    From the perspective of doing SEO, is one better than the other? Do the search engine spiders read then just as well and can they have all the meta data, no follow links, etc that one wants for good onpage SEO?

Thanks for any help

lakelover339, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  2. sacom

sacom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lamp stands for AFAIK linux apache mysql and php. Joomla is a system that requires LAMP so they are completely two different things

sacom, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  3. leadgeneration

leadgeneration Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion there is noting to compare in between LAMP & joomla .As far as SEO concern no mean for optimization for LAMP because LAMP is not a website it is a technology . you can optimize Joomla website.

leadgeneration, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  4. azkul1

azkul1 Peon

Best Answers:
    They're right. LAMP is Linux Apache MySQL and PHP (or Perl). Joomla is a program written in PHP to manage websites. It usually runs on the Linux operating system, potentially uses the Apache webserver, and the MySQL database. However, it can be run using other technologies such as different database or webservers, etc.

azkul1, Feb 16, 2011 IP