1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Landing Page Vs Squeeze Page

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cashfinder, Oct 4, 2010.

Landing Page Vs Squeeze Page

You are probably wondering what is the difference between a landing page and a squeeze Page

A lot of marketers even them self get confused on the differences between a landing page and a squeeze page, so in this post I wanted to outline what it is that separates the two:
    Landing Page

A landing page is a sales page which normally has has a teaser headline and captures a website visitors attention with a catchy headline and as a follow up has some nicely worded sales copy and in most cases lots of sales copy and in between all of that perhaps some videos and testimonials.

The sole purpose of a landing page is to get website visitors to have them buy your product there and then. There will be of course as well a buy now button at the bottom of the page there, with perhaps any last bonus give aways if there is any.

You can also do SEO on the page in order to get it optimised and come up in the search engines, but lets say your page that you are selling has a Clickbank product on it, you may perhaps have other affiliate marketers help promote your landing page, for example I own my own ebook and it is listed in Clickbank, so if I wanted to I could approach them and offer them the opportunity to buy a domain with the word review at the end of it.

So they would have say get seorevengereview.com or .net or .org, what ever the case may be, they then optimise that landing page for them self in order to have it come up under the search engines for when people search the product name and then the word review at the end of it to see what others are saying about it, then traffic will be directed to your main landing page from them and they would get a commission for sending buyers your way.

A squeeze page is a small simple page that captures an email, on a squeeze page it is normal to have something to give away for free in order to have the website visitor put their email in on your page, this could be a mini ebook or guide or video with secret tips.

You do not really need to optimise the page though, rather a squeeze page is something you promote virally through forums and social networking sites and through your existing email list, you can also provide your squeeze page on your website as an ecover or pop up to give them an incentive for being a subscriber, this entices them to put their email on your site and is a win win. you give something away and they give you their email. Simple!

But with a squeeze page it is really about building relationship, rather then just doing it for the sake of capturing their email, you are building long term relationship to send out surveys to them from time to time, find out their strengths their weaknesses and where you can help them.

Also with a squeeze page yo can use an email optin form which comes with an Aweber account, they have forms that you can just copy and paste to your own page, then once you capture an email it is really easy to get the users funneled out through the auto responder and broadcast messages.

cashfinder, Oct 4, 2010 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  2. RecordingCash.com

RecordingCash.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what you're targeting actually as well ...

If you're targeting people who want to do things quickly, then yes I would use a squeeze page.

If you're targeting people who want to stay for a while and read up on what you have - then I would go landing page (best done after you collect their emails)

Thanks,
    J

RecordingCash.com, Oct 4, 2010 IP